6 months ago
Senior Engineer, Avionics
Location : US-CA-Canoga Park
Job ID : 12573
Zip : 91304
Category : Engineering - Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking an experienced Test Equipment Design Engineer to join our Avionics Engineering Test Equipment Design organization. This position will be located at our facility in Canoga Park, California (Los Angeles area) and will report to the Avionics Special Test Equipment (STE) Design Process Manager.
We are seeking a Test Equipment Design Engineer whose area of expertise is electronics test and automated test system design. Our automated test systems include those designed for testing power electronics, and digital electronics for space applications. Units requiring automated test range from single-board computers, data acquisition boards, valve actuators to combustion and electric propulsion rocket engine controllers used in space-based applications. Automated test systems perform acceptance testing at the PWA (board) and unit (box) level.
This current opening may be filled as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The person in this position will be responsible for hands-on test and test system design, as well as providing project management and leadership for less senior personnel.
Working under limited general direction, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
70% - Hands-on design and design leadership of automated test system development projects (includes hardware, software and mechanical design). Development of test system requirements and verification methodologies. Resolution of anomalies occurring during integration and test of a test system, and also during subsequent delivery and test system usage.
15% - Leading design teams of 2 or more people on automated test system development activities with cost and schedule accountability.
5% - Supporting test system proposals and bids.
10% - Travel to other Aerojet Rocketdyne, customer and supplier sites for design reviews and technical interface meetings.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline and at least 5 years of related experience.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
* 5+ years test hardware development experience.
* 5+ years test software development experience.
* Proficient in the use of the National Instruments (NI) development suite (LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW and TestStand).
* Hands-on experience with Test Instrumentation (i.e. Oscilloscopes, Multiplexers, Logic Analyzers, Data Acquisition systems, etc.).
* Proficiency in the following:
* design of test consoles, test adapters, and/or test cables;
* integration of test hardware and test software;
* development of test equipment drawings;
* development of test system requirements and verification methodologies;
* development of test procedures;
* troubleshooting of equipment, circuit boards, cables, etc.;
* resolution of anomalies occurring during integration and test of a test system, and also during subsequent delivery and test system usage.
* Experience prioritizing and completing several parallel efforts.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive toward goals.
* Self-motivated - willing to engage customers, partners, and suppliers to achieve results.
* Possess process discipline, order, and attention to detail.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to coordinate and collaborate with local/on-site teams, as well as teams at other sites.
* Knowledge of NASA NPR 7150, NASA-STD 5005, NASA HADBK-4008 is a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS