9 months ago
Senior Engineer, Avionics (Electrical Engineering)
Location : US-AL-Huntsville
Job ID : 12752
Zip : 35806
Category : Engineering - Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense, strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets.
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks a Senior Engineer to support our avionics and electrical engineering work at our Huntsville, AL location.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Working under limited general direction:
65% - Execute and support electrical design cycle tasks for high performance electronic control systems for application to rocket propulsion system or other customer mission products operating in demanding environment conditions. Specific tasks will include development planning, requirement evaluation, design definition and product verification. Majority of work is to perform circuit design and modeling, oversight for prototype fabrication and assembly, unit test planning and execution. Includes support for design documentation creation including design development process artifacts and support for design maturity reviews.
25% - Provide electronics engineering support for electronic components or systems during manufacture, acceptance test and qualification testing. Includes support for creation of system test requirements and procedures for production and qualification.
10% - Support Avionics design group product development process assessment and improvement. Perform tasks to quantify, measure, and evaluate Avionics design processes. Define, implement and assess process improvement initiatives.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (Advanced degree preferred) with an emphasis in electrical systems design and five (5) or more years of directly related experience in systems engineering and product development (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
* Extensive expertise in analog circuit design. Includes circuit functional definition; electronic circuit performance modeling; schematic creation; and PWB Layout design. Familiarity in the use of electronic design tools - Altium, Mentor Graphics, PSPICE, and LTSpice.
* Strong background for circuit troubleshooting and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Sufficient background allowing for effective use of electronic test and diagnostic equipment.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills to coordinate and collaborate with local Operations; distant-located Engineering organizations and customers.
* Familiarity with aerospace/defense engineering design and production processes and disciplines.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams.
* Experience with the following hardware and software technologies: electrical power conversion; DC/DC conversion; FPGA; space electronics; EEE parts management; analog circuit design; electronic noise control; electromagnetic compatibility.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS