4 months ago
Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Systems
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of Things, and design thinking. There is no greater time for the progressive, forward-thinking, technology professional to join our organization. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an integral role in advancing our product offerings, market presence and culture.
To drive new revenue growth, Honeywell Aerospace is launching a new business unit that will focus on developing a significant and sustainable position in the fast-growing commercial UAV industry. This new business unit will leverage the broad set of capabilities within Honeywell, as well as develop new capabilities that are required to meet the needs of this adjacent market.
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer for our UAV group, you’ll have a chance to showcase your innovative embedded engineering skills and technology know-how in a start-up environment. In this role, you will cover many different software development disciplines from low-level embedded software running on and ARM processors to data analytics running in the cloud. We are looking for a versatile software developer who is eager to learn new things and will thrive in dynamic work environment. The successful applicant for this role will have experience working with remotely based teams across a diverse, global business environment. The role requires travel within the US, as well as occasional international travel.
• Develop embedded software solutions for UAV operations including: control and planning algorithms, visual aided navigation, optical sense-and-avoid, and collision avoidance
• Work closely with software, hardware and test/integration leaders to implement next generation software components on both research and production platforms.
• Participate in field validation and demonstrations to ensure robust system performance
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related fields
• 5+ years of development experience
• 3+ years in embedded software development
• Experience with the following embedded skills: C/C++, Python, Linux based development, embedded system development, open-source software/hardware solutions, experience with Ethernet, I2C, SPI, UART or other communication interfaces.
• Experience in implementing and validating novel algorithms for UAVs for different hardware platforms
• Experience with the development of real-time software components (Development environment: Linux (Ubuntu), QT)
• Deep understanding of software/hardware integration considering issues such as time synchronization, data communication over a variety of networks, interaction between device drivers and high-level algorithms, memory management, etc.
• Experience with software design, version/quality control, and handling large, complex and integrated software suits.
• Experience developing multi-threaded, multi-core and distributed real-time systems.
• Hands-on experience developing and debugging on embedded targets.
• Working knowledge of electrical design principals.
• Proficient in troubleshooting hardware and electrical component interactions. This includes troubleshooting communication, interference and power issues.
• Passion and understanding of new technology and digital trends in the mobile space.
• Data driven and results focused approach.
• You are detail oriented and have strong planning skills; you will look ahead, raise issues, provide solutions, and hit deadlines.
• Strong communicator and communication ability to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organization.
• Ability to take complex concepts and synthesize to be understood by business.
• Proactive and resourceful, this is a role with autonomy and accountability.
* JOB ID: HRD64831
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Suite AERO, Golden Valley, MNUSA
How Honeywell is Connecting the World