2 months ago
Senior DSP Engineer
Austin, TX US
TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI delivers industry leading Signals Intelligence exploitation and Electronic Warfare (SIGINT/EW) products that enable our nation’s tactical warfighters to effectively utilize distributed grids of networked sensors, assets, and platforms to perform a variety of critical national security driven missions.
We are looking for talented, passionate Engineers, Scientists, and Developers who are excited about using state of the art technologies to build user-centric products with a profound impact to the US defense and intelligence community. We are seeking to grow our highly capable engineering teams to build the best products in the world. The successful candidate is an individual who is never satisfied with continuing with the status quo just because “it’s the way things have always been done”.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Senior DSP Engineer will develop and integrate cutting edge capabilities into Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) platforms and products, and will be a critical resource for conceiving, developing, testing, and deploying mission critical capabilities for our customers. Daily activities typically include development of detection, demodulation and processing algorithms for wireless signals; development of knowledge base of signal types and characteristics to support processing efforts; and implementation of algorithms for production collection systems.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX. For those outside of the Austin area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
More About the Role:
- Develop detection, demodulation and processing algorithms for wireless signals
- Research advanced signal processing techniques to help define capability roadmaps
- Help grow knowledge base of signal types and characteristics to support processing efforts
- Implement algorithms for production collection systems
- Work independently and with team members, principal investigators, and program managers to investigate technical approaches to challenging signal processing, estimation, and detection problems
- Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions to solve difficult and moderately complex problems.
- Work closely with other groups across the company to transition new capabilities into deployment
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in digital signal processing, wireless communication theory, and estimation/detection theory. Preference to the candidate with
- Strong in object oriented design
- Proven experience in C/C++ development in team environments
- Expert knowledge of engineering fundamentals (preferred M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics)
- Demonstrated background of feature/capability software implementations that require strong DSP and RF fundamentals
- Ability to evaluate technical trade-offs and to conduct an analysis of alternatives.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level technical team members
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Strong background in current wireless protocols, digital communications systems, and RF physical and MAC layer protocols.
- Understanding of software defined radio (SDR) principles
- Experience with real-time and/or embedded system development
- Ability to understand and formulate mathematical, statistical, and computational models.
- Experience in machine learning and pattern recognition
- Experience with algorithm implementation for DSP and/or FPGA
- Experience with C++11, C++14
- Understand Agile and Spiral development methodologies
- Experience in a lab environment including use of signal generators and RF components (e.g., filters, splitters, attenuators).
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities. For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI International, Inc. in Austin, Texas currently has ~200 employees. We’ve recently been named by Austin American Statesman as one of the Top Places to Work in Austin. We are an industry leader in interoperable, mission-ready Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) Precision Geolocation systems and produce diverse portfolio of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) products spanning small lightweight sensors, rack-mounted deployments, cloud-based solutions which are deployed across the world. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled TGI to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.