6 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Digital Sales Manager to be part of our Commercial team. You’ll maintain and grow Skyscanner’s Agency Advertising and Direct Client advertising revenue across APAC, with a focus on building new sales, ensuring Skyscanner achieves optimum share of budgets. You’ll also ensure advertising activity on the site or device is applied correctly to achieve the best possible results.
* Proactively pursuing and securing new business, then developing and nurturing those relationships to supporting ongoing business
* Developing digital advertising plans that position Skyscanner as a strategic partner
* Applying analytical skills to understand clients’ changing business needs and the travel sphere market dynamics
* Generating incremental revenues from existing clients by selling additional advertising opportunities, multi-market solutions and long term commitments
* Monitoring relevant performance metrics and efficiently managing campaigns to focus on activities that grow revenue, ensuring client satisfaction
* Coordinating with other functional and support areas, including campaign delivery, sales, operations, product development and billing
* Representing the business at external events where appropriate
* Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organisation. An ability to communicate value and influence customer decision makers
* Team player: Excellent relationship management skills, tenacious and a cross function collaborator.
* Self-driven: You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through. You don't get overwhelmed easily
Naturally curious: You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to sell Skyscanner. An appreciation of an international and technology oriented business environment
* Fun: You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
* You understand the impact of a highly-successful sales strategy. A desire and hunger to succeed
* Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficiency of interventions on the business. You make data driven decisions that add value
* A strong track record of generating new business sales
* Experience in selling direct digital advertising to agencies and clients is preferred
* Proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution-selling experience
* Previous leadership or people management experience is a must
* Experience of selling programmatic advertising is a plus
* Experience selling digital solutions
* An understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, including knowledge of ad networks, ad exchanges, re-targeting, RTB, DSP’s and trading desks
* Mobile advertising sales experience is an advantage
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Singapore –
Situated in the heart of Singapore’s central business district Robinson Road, our office is a hub for the Asia pacific markets and has seen and annual increase in traffic to the site of over 350% YOY. The team in Singapore is home to 13 different nationalities across the world and when we are not working hard to find users and partners we can either be found admiring the view from our office or enjoying refreshing drinks nearby at Singapore’s famous Boat Quay. With space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.