6 months ago
Delta Air Lines is hiring software engineers to develop and maintain airline operations software to support the Operations and Customer Center (OCC) that is used to manage the airline operation.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Must have the ability to transform business and functional requirements into technical solutions
- Participation in the design, development, testing, deploying UI Screens using Java
- Writing technical documentation (software support guides, programming documentation, etc.)
- Supporting the software after production deployment which includes:
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance.
- Rotating 24x7 coverage is also required to support Delta's worldwide operation.
- Utilize the following skills: Java, Struts, Linux
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- The Developer position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field.
- 4+ years developing Java User interfaces
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify relevant requirements and understand how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context for the application / platform
- Have the ability to resolve complex technical problems with limited oversight
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile development methodology
- The ideal candidate would have a commitment to learning and staying abreast of technical advances.
- They would be able to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a team setting.
- They would have excellent, concise written communication and their verbal communication must be clear and easily understood for resolving issues on technical conference bridge calls.
- They would be very collaborative with other team members and be able to mentor other developers who are just learning Java.
- Have experience building API's for both external and internal consumption would be a plus as well as experience as a technical lead for a development project
- C++, Python,
- Recognize, troubleshoot and provide solution fixes for latency/performance issues
- Cloud design and development
- Containerization solutions: OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- SOAP secured services (WSSE and shared certificates)
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.