Cobham Special Missions has a requirement for a Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical. The Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical will be working on supporting a Fleet of Specialized Mission Systems Aircraft special mission equipment.
FR Aviation holds EASA Design Organization Approval, DOA Ref EASA.21J.156, and UK MAA DAOS approval UK.MAA.DAOS.0062. Our highly experienced design team have the authority to carry out and manage a variety of aircraft modifications on the Company and third party aircraft. We specialize in the installation of special mission equipment to meet customer operational readiness training requirements for various agencies around the world; this involves the design and certification of cabin, flight deck and underwing stores and clearing the configurations for flight.
To be successful in the position of Senior Design Engineer you will have experience in the following areas:
- Conduct engineering studies and investigations.
- Manage all design phases of technical projects and manage scheduling, estimating and completion of design and certification data.
- Check Signatory for Mechanical drawings and certification reports.
- Lead aspects of the design process for particular projects including the delivery (on time and to the appropriate quality) of all relevant design and certification data.
- Provide support to the Principal Design Engineer for design reviews.
- Liaise with the Office of Airworthiness on all matters relating to the initial and continued airworthiness of design changes.
- Supporting production and installation engineers in matters relating to projects.
- Coaching and supporting design engineers and overseeing their development.
The prime location is the Cobham Aviation Services facility located at Hurn, Christchurch.
As a Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Have a clear understanding of aircraft component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity
As a Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical your main responsibilities will involve:
Ensure that the requisite design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager and are in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but is not limited to:
Drawings, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/Reports, Concessions, ICA Data, Master Document List
Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations and associated aircraft related maintenance documents, ie AMM, CMM, IPL etc in accordance with Customer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
Take necessary preventive and corrective action in response to audit findings.
Cobham Special Mission
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page