Aeropeople are currently working with an aircraft maintenance company based at Shannon Airport in Ireland, who are now looking to hire a Senior Design Engineer & CVE (Avionics).
Established more than 50 years ago and with more than 200 employees, they are one of the leading, independent aviation solution provides in Europe. The services they offer include aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions as well as international training and consultancy.
The Senior Design Engineer & CVE will project manage Design Change projects from conception to delivery. This person will perform the role of Compliance Verification when approving projects worked by other members of the team. You will also assist in leading, developing, and growing the Design Services team.
This is a permanent position, working 40 hours per week Monday- Friday, however flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime may be required.
This role will report directly into the Engineering Manager & Head of Design Organisation.
- Resolve engineering problems associated with aircraft cabin interior and/or avionics systems designs.
- Assist with creation of proposals for Design Change projects, considering both technical and commercial aspects of the project.
- Monitor manhours, work progress, and external costs to ensure that Design Change projects are delivered within budget estimates and meet the expected quality and on-time delivery standards.
- Liaison with Customers to maintain a good working relationship throughout the lifecycle of Design Change projects.
- Assist with Design Engineer and CVE further development. This will involve mentoring of less experienced staff.
- Create and develop commercially viable solutions for mandatory changes to aircraft systems, with a view to selling of those solutions to the marketplace.
- Maintain industry awareness, with a view to offering Products or Solutions to aircraft operators to improve the aircraft for their operational needs.
- 20 days holiday (increases with service) plus 1 company day on Christmas Eve plus bank holidays
- Sick Pay Scheme (once probation has been successfully completed)
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan (including Life Assurance Cover) - (once probation has been successfully completed)
- Long Term Disability Income Protection (once probation has been successfully completed)
- Overtime- option to be paid out or time in lieu
- Subsidized Canteen
- Significant support in Training and Education
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Paid Paternity/ Maternity Leave
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering, preferably aviation related, or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence
- Previous experience in a Design Engineer role within Part 21J framework
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations in particular EASA Part 21 and CS25
- Project Management experience
- Proven Leadership experience
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.