Zenon are currently searching for a Senior Design Engineer – Avionics on behalf of a successful maintenance repair organization based in Surrey.
The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the preparation, checking and leading various aspects of avionics/electrical related design and certification data.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme.
Main Responsibilities of Position:
• Preparation of design documents
• Preparation of design drawings
• Liaison with customers to address design requirements/delivery dates/queries
• Checking drawings and/or documents
• Maintaining an awareness of current aeronautical practices/issues
• Ensuring that all design procedures are adhered to
• Assisting with customer quotations where requested
• Adhering to project timescales/time management of own projects/cost tracking
• Participating with audits as required
• Represents the DOA to customers and regulatory agencies within the avionics/electrical area of expertise
• Addressing in-service difficulty reports/design queries after completion of a design
• Providing on-site assistance to aircraft maintenance staff
Skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Demonstrable experience as Avionics and Electrical designer.
• Sound knowledge of avionics integration.
• Strong teamwork skills and a track record of delivering to programme.
• Sound knowledge of civil regulatory requirements related to design (EASA Part 21, CS-27, CS-29).
• HND / foundation degree, degree in aeronautical or electrical and electronic engineering or equivalent.
• Design packages - AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
• DO-178, DO-254 or EMC/HIRF experience would be advantageous.
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Ashley Ewen in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Ashley Ewen, please call our office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.