Senior Design Office Engineer - Avionics
Our client is the worlds' leading technology and services innovator covering space, air, land and maritime. They are responsible for supplying aviation services to Military and Civil customers globally and are now looking for Senior Design Office Engineer to join their site in Dorset.
The purpose of role is to design and drafting of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Ensure that the requisite electrical/avionic design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Wiring diagrams/schematics/wire lists, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/ Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List,
- Compile design data as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager.
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations and associated aircraft related maintenance documents, ie AMM, CMM, IPL etc in accordance with Customer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews.
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in avionic or electrical engineering
- Clear understanding of aircraft avionic/electrical component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA, Solidworks or Auto CAD proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, ie EASA, JAA, FAA is desirable.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within design, CAMO, LAE, manufacturing, H&S and facilities management.