Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Senior Design Engineer - Avionics
Our client currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer - Avionics The role reports to the Head of design, as the Senior Design Engineer - Avionics you will be involved in the Design and drafting of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems.
Manage all design phases of technical projects and manage scheduling, estimating and completion of design data. Conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for the DO leadership and Project Managers. This will include providing engineering guidance to other departments, help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
Location Bournemouth, Dorset
Our client provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
As the Senior Design Engineer - Avionics your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in electrical engineering, or,
- 5 years related industrial experience (this should be evidenced by the employment history on the applicant/job holder CV).
- Have a clear understanding of aircraft avionic/electrical component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA, Solid works or Auto CAD proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, i.e. EASA, JAA, FAA is desirable.
As the Senior Design Engineer - Avionics your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite electrical/avionic design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but Is not limited to:
- Wiring diagrams/schematics/wire lists, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/ Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List,
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Support the Head of Design, Principal Design Engineer and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
- Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc. are complete and available to the Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Compile design data as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Support the Design Focal engineer(s) in design review meetings, i.e. PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
- Ensuring that tasks set are achieved to contract budget (time & cost).
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-house colleagues.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations and associated aircraft related maintenance documents, i.e. AMM, CMM, IPL etc. in accordance with Customer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews.
-Salary: £55k Neg plus benefits
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: Bournemouth
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.