Senior Design Engineer to be involved in the complete product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) for an Aerospace Company based in Gloucestershire, with a competitive salary.
You will ideally have prior experience of designing hydraulic / mechanical / electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company.
You will be involved in the complete product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes.
Responsibilities of a Senior Design Engineer
· Technical delivery of a high-quality product that meets customer and business expectations
· Interpret and communicate customer's technical requirements
· Define verification of requirements
· Set up and lead design reviews
· Design from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks
· Create technical documentation e.g. drawings, procedures and reports
· Ensure that product meets performance, weight, schedule, cost, reliability, safety requirements
· Lead and participate problem solving and corrective action activities to resolve customer and internal product issues
· Mentor colleagues and support the development of skills and technical knowledge
· Support engineering changes, using PDM Tools preferably Windchill
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline or qualified to an equivalent level
· Experience of designing actuation products, and hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
· Knowledge of mechanical components, processing, precision machining, castings, forgings, military and industry standards.
· General understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis e.g. FEA, Mathcad tools.
· Willing to occasionally travel within the UK and internationally.
If you are committed to deliver products on schedule, have very strong communication skills and would like the opportunity to work as a Senior Design Engineer apply now.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Jamie Birch on, or send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.