4 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across 11 offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We're looking for a first-class writer to create compelling and emotionally engaging copy across our communications channels for both our UK and International markets. From on-brand internal comms initiatives to paid advertising and external customer-facing email campaigns; you’ll do it all.
As the voice of our brand, your naturally warm and conversational tone and true is matched by your creative flair. You’ll be practised at interrogating a brief, understanding the business objective and delivering insightful copy that’s free of clichés and full of fresh ideas that will inspire our travellers.
Working alongside teams focused on increasing conversion and acquisition, you won't be phased by spreadsheets and dashboards. You'll seek out into valuable traveller insights that will inform the creative angle you recommend to our growth and communications teams.
Finally, you never send a piece of copy out the door and forget about it. You're obsessed with learning what resonates (and what doesn't) so that we continually improve and provide content that taps into the lifechanging moments we want to inspire.
This role is based in Miami, but you’ll also support our other global locations, so a great understanding of different cultures and understanding complexities of working with different time zones is a definite advantage.
* First and foremost, you're a travel junkie, committed to improving the industry and helping people seek out new experiences and world cultures.
* You'll have an agency, content or journalism background, and your portfolio speaks for itself.
* With a keen editorial eye and a desire for perfection, you demonstrate excellent writing and editing ability.
* You're a motivated multi-tasker who thrives whether you're getting your head down to nail headlines or working on a brief as part of a large team.
* You understand the nuances and importance of brand tone of voice and can demonstrate how you have put this into practice to connect with your audience.
What you'll be doing:
* Creating and pitching creative ideas that embody the Skyscanner brand and strike the right tone in promoting our products and experiences.
* Interpreting briefs and working with other copywriters to deliver high-quality, integrated campaigns.
* Working with commercial, growth and communications teams to understand the traveller problem as well as the business objective.
* Seeing campaigns through from ideation to execution.
* Continually and proactively seeking areas for improvement and communicating across teams to form solutions.
* Forming narratives and strategies for the campaigns you own - iterating on ideas, tracking performance and understanding the business impact of your work.
* Owning and taking part in creative brainstorming sessions with relevant stakeholders.
* Writing creative and editorial content for video, social, product and other channels.
* Working teams across the globe, you'll seek to develop a strong understanding of content localisation challenges and how to maintain a unified voice across different languages.
* Working alongside other copywriters and reporting to the Principal Copywriter within the Global Design Team.
* Evangelising across the business for readability, usability and creativity.
* Helping colleagues become better writers by sharing best practice, collaborating and taking part in writing training initiatives.
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Miami –
Our Miami office is centrally located on Brickell Avenue, which is the main road of the Brickell financial district of Downtown Miami. Along with high-rise office and residential towers, Brickell is home to a wide choice of restaurants, shops and entertainment options. At the center of Brickell is Mary Brickell Village, modelled on a French-style village, with an assortment of restaurants and high-class retail outlets.
Public transport in the Downtown/Brickell area is used more than in any other part of Miami and is a vital part of Brickell life. Our office is close to the public Metromover, and also offers on-site parking garage and valet parking. As an urban and pedestrian-friendly area with an extensive public transit network, Brickell (along with Downtown, Omni, and South Beach) is one of the areas in Miami with a car-free lifestyle. Many ‘Brickellites’ get around by foot, bicycle, Metromover, UBER or by taxi. An office in the heart of Brickell with amazing bay views. It’s the home of our Americas team and we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now