6 months ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 27302
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
As a DevOps and Agile Consultant, you will coach and mentor teams and be the go-to experts on DevOps and Lean Agile/Product Management methods and best practices for the enterprise. This role requires a mastery of understanding of Lean-Agile values, principles and practices and candidates must be continuously learning, open to pivoting and learning new things. The candidate must be willing to obtain an in-depth understanding of the organization's business and technology portfolios.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Be a hands-on Lean Agile/Product and DevOps coach, accelerating the learning of a Product Mindset, Agile, and DevOps practices across American Airlines
* Deliver a training program that aligns with the DevOps Transformation strategic direction
* Educate assigned teams on the best use of DevOps/Agile/Product Management tools, advise on design, development and deployment processes to ensure best practices, and help drive toward platform automation
* Lead the Dojo/Hangar Agile and DevOps practice, which is a highly accelerated rapid 2.5 day sprint cycle focused on driving accelerated learning of Agile and DevOps practices
* Encourage and promote good engineering practices like Unit testing, code reviews, pair programming and quality engineering practices as well requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end to end delivery practices
* Recognize organizational and team-level challenges and address those with ALL levels of management in a timely fashion
* Change mindsets to adopt a forward thinking learning culture, including collaboration practices, through training and coaching
About The Job (Continued)
* Train and enable POs/Product managers through product discovery, strategy, and execution to identify the problems to solve for clients, and inform how to organize and plan to solve them as quickly as possible
* Help teams and product management understand what opportunities they have to sharpen product development skillsets to ensure the delivery of valuable products and incorporate product feedback back into the delivery process
* Proven knowledge of the application of Agile at scale and demonstrated ability to coach and lead the cultural and organizational change to make it work
* Facilitate workshops that include, but not limited to feature/story writing, backlog refinement, and product strategy thinking
* Evaluate a Product Teams operational health (e.g. team dynamics, agile delivery, product awareness) in order to identify opportunity for improvements and help these teams mature their practices and more effectively embrace an Agile and product mindset
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering
* Four or more years of relevant work experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* 3 + years of application development experience
* 3+ years of product experience with at least 1 year of full cycle implementation from feature ideation to production
* 3+ years of experience using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
* Deep understanding of more than one Agile flavor such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Nexus, DevOps, SAFe, etc.
* Experience working as a software engineer or a development manager
* Experience with database systems, API architecture, Cloud infrastructure
* Experience teaching and helping product teams in Lean Product Discovery, Continuous Grooming, Creation of Product Strategy & Roadmap, Customer Empathy, Prioritization, Product experimentation, Definition of Done and Ready, etc.
* Experience with implementing and operating DevOps and Agile tools/platforms across some part of the development lifecycle
* These could include but may not be limited to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Hygieia, SonarQube, New Relic, JIRA, Confluence, Rally, etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Continued)
* Familiarity and experience with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent synthesizing and organization skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are key to this position
* Excellence at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client's customers
* Experience working with Scaled Agile teams is preferred
* Strong skill set working with product ownership and product management
* Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
* Action oriented individual who has strong decision making skills, self-motivated owner of multiple tasks and accountable to deliverables
* Must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in previous work situations
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 27302
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Senior Quality Engineer, Business Manager, Engineering, Technology, Management