4 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1,000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to join us in our London office and be part of our highly distributed global team. Skyscanner is a global travel brand with a strong footprint in air travel. Our product now incorporates over 1000 partnerships with airlines and online travel agencies. You’ll be responsible for the commercial performance across some of our EMEA markets and for the relationships with Skyscanner’s airline and agency partners.
Are you excited about making great deals and driving results? Are you charismatic with an ability to cross collaborate and build excellent relationships? Are you motivated with a strong desire to win? If you are curious, self-driven and understand the impact of a highly successful sales strategy then this could be the place for you.
What you can expect as a Senior Commercial Manager
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* The opportunity to develop and execute commercial plans that position Skyscanner as a strategic partner
* A place where you will nurture and developing existing clients, maintain strong existing relationships, as well as proactively pursue and secure new business
What we are looking for
* Previous job experience as a Senior Commercial Manager in managing partnerships, generating new business in EMEA markets and a good understanding of the big internet economy players in this territory
* An excellent understanding of the digital monetisation ecosystem, including knowledge of the different commercial models, tracking and deeplinking technologies, advertising products, apps
* Strong analytical skills, comfortable with Excel and with a good grasp of several formats of data representation (graphs, tables, csv etc.)
* Well-connected across online travel agencies and airline clients is an advantage
* Proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution-selling experience
* You will be comfortable identifying key decision makers within airlines and agencies, developing strong relationships with them
* You will be responsible for generating incremental revenues from existing clients by selling additional products, including advertising opportunities, multi-market solutions and data products
* You will play a leading role in contributing to the ongoing definition and refinement of market and channel specific sales strategies, implementing plans underpinning delivery of those strategies, continuing evolution of our products and commercial propositions
* You will be data driven and understand the importance of monitoring relevant performance metrics, efficiently managing them to focus on activities that grow revenue, ensuring client satisfaction
* As a fun, charismatic, people person, you will thrive in coordinating with other functional and support areas, including technical account managers, operations, product development, legal and finance
* You will attend client meetings when required and represent the business at external events
* Naturally curious: You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to sell Skyscanner
* Fluency in English, another European language would be beneficial but not a must