4 months ago
The Opportunity | Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will lead and participates in cross-functional teams to optimize machining process development for quality, cost and capacity improvements. Identifies opportunities and implements capital plans and equipment layout changes. They will need to evaluate and analyze machining costs, trends and constraints. The will also be responsible for working with EHS members to review machining safety and make necessary improvements. They will leads and participates in Lean events, and supports other projects and initiatives as necessary. This position offers the potential for future leadership positions in operations and engineering.
* Evaluates machining processes and identifies process improvements related to programming, fixturing and tooling.
* Identifies, implements and tracks machining cost savings initiatives.
* Designs workholding and tooling using 3D modeling and CAM software.
* Supports machining process improvements at Farris international facilities.
* Generates manufacturing documentation including programs, set-up sheets and visual work instructions.
* Leads projects and associated teams to justify and implement capital appropriations including tooling and machining equipment.
* Leads and participates in Lean & Six Sigma Events.
* Works with Quality & Supply Chain to detect, evaluate & eliminate quality issues and to reduce the cost of manufacturing.
* Leads, trains & develops personnel to improve their skills and abilities.
* Maintains an orderly work area and clean environment.
* Promotes a safety culture in Farris facilities.
* 5+ years of experience in machining using CNC lathes and vertical/horizontal machining centers.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
* Must be experienced in Lean/Continuous Improvement tools including 5S, set-up reduction, value stream mapping and CEDAC.
* Demonstrated results related to cost savings initiatives and capital equipment implementation.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Must have great communication skills and be a team player.
* Ability to work on a variety of technical problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs; solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
* Able to read and analyze blueprints and use precision measurement equipment.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, tool & fixture design using 3D modeling software and CNC programming (CAM experience preferred).
* Knowledge of OSHA requirements in a manufacturing environment is a PLUS.
* ERP Business System familiarity including LN, BaaN, SAP, or Oracle.
* Lifting/Pushing/Pulling 50lbs., Standing, Sitting
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.