6 months ago
Executes the assigned duties as necessary to support technical and commercial issues as required to program and operate Coordinate Measuring Machine.
1. Program and operate Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
This includes LK, Brown & Sharp, Starrett, and Mitutoyo CMM.
2. Knowledge of blueprints and ability to read customer blueprints.
Knowledge of GD&T a plus.
Knowledge of our fixtures and nesting system a plus.
3. Perform mathematical calculations and angle configurations.
4. Run production wax and manufacturing nozzles on all machines.
Assist in running 100% inspection and Probability studies.
5. Basic knowledge needed of inspection equipment including:
Calipers, micrometers, height gage, thickness gages, radius gages, indicators.
6. Plot and measure Airfoil charts.
7. Proficiency needed with the following software:
MS Excel, MS Word, Auto-Sketch and DMIS programming language.
8. Experience with the following software a plus:
Digi-graph, Uni-graphics, MS Powerpoint, MS Access, and WinZip.
Ability to work with Dimensional and Quality Engineers, and accurately relay
information to them.
Troubleshoot and solve CMM mechanical or software problems.
High school education required. Prefer 2 years of technical education in an engineering-related field.
5+ years experience in layout. A strong problem solving ability is a must.
Moderate supervision received. No supervisory responsibility. May provide training and/or direction to Layout Technicians I and II.
THE ABOVE COVERS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES, BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER ASSIGNMENTS REQUIRING EQUIVALENT OR LESSER SKILLS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.