Senior Avionics Design Engineer
My client is one of the top aerospace and defence companies worldwide. They design, manufacture and deliver industry-leading commercial aircraft, helicopters, military transports, satellites and launch vehicles, as well as providing data services, navigation, secure communications, urban mobility and other solutions for customers on a global scale. They are looking for a Senior Avionics Design Engineer to join their Design team.
Main responsibilities of the role will be:
- To conduct all avionic activities in concert with business requirements within a multi-function environment.
- Capture and understand Customer requirements, providing guidance internally and externally to facilitate a cost-effective design and production solution.
- Define avionic design concept and integration from agreed customer requirement through to detail design.
- Ensure that design meets Customer and Certification requirements within a formal validation and verification process.
- Produce and direct detailed design in accordance with project milestones.
- Discuss and present design concepts and solutions during customer and supplier meetings
- Produce concise and accurate design descriptions to facilitate change approvals and aircraft documentation.
- Define necessary ground and flight testing to demonstrate compliance with Customer and Certification requirements.
- Maintain technical competency and currency to ensure the effective use of latest technology to assist Customers in developing and fulfilling their mission requirements.
- Translate proposed concept into detailed design in compliance with Certification requirements
You will ideally have:
- A good working knowledge of:
- equipment qualification process and related standards,
- EASA IR 21J DOA and MAA DAOS process and practice (preferably both but at least one).
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes, knowledge of aircraft avionics systems
- Ability to communicate and negotiate internally and externally at all levels
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to work in a team environment and being able to full-fill the role required by the team even when that role may vary from project to project.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to assess evidence and develop conclusions based on that evidence in a logical and structured fashion.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within design, CAMO, LAE, manufacturing, H&S and facilities management.