Senior Avionics Design Engineer
Exciting New Senior Avionics l Design Engineer position!!!
Our aviation client based in Gosport, who is a market leader in manufacturing, repairing, commercial and military aircraft are currently looking for a permanent Senior Structural Design Engineer to join their expanding team.
Working as part of a multidiscipline team comprising permanent and contract staff and external suppliers you will play a key role in a growing team of aeromechanical and electrical/avionic designers in support of projects requiring the design, manufacture and install of aircraft modifications across both military and civil domains.
The role is required to allow the Vector Design Organisation to design and certify avionic systems and installations for Military and Civil customers.
* Review and understanding of customer modification requirements to produce avionic system architectures, scheme designs and installation drawings
* Conduct of Engineering reviews such as PDR and CDR, both internally and with the external customer
* Managing a small team of design engineers producing drawings
* Production and checking of drawings in accordance with Vector Design Organisation procedures
* Liaison with the Vector Maintenance Production to resolve queries encountered during the installation of avionic systems
* Support the administration of the Vector Design and Certification databases
* Support to Vector business development activities
* Clear and concise technical and program communication skills
* Performing all activity in line with Vector Organisational procedures
* Interpersonal skills with staff in many departments across the Vector Business Units
* Understanding, recording and analysing avionic engineering data and requirements to determine the most appropriate solution
* Task schedule management to meet customer needs
* Presentation skills
* Experience with avionic modifications in the fixed wing domain
* Direct liaison with Technical customers
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
* Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent) to HNC Level 5
* Degree qualification in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
* Membership of RAeS of IMechE
* Rotorcraft type training courses
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.