3 months ago
Join Delta IT on our journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry.
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world's best airline!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
The Senior Test Automation engineer is responsible for joining a Crew Modernization team, to provide the means and also the measures to design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solution for all the aspects of a software solution under test. Automate as much of the testing efforts as possible with a minimum set of code/script.
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, architects, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Develop/contribute to the crew automation test strategy
- Establish automated test environment
- Develop test automation framework
- Develop test automation script design pattern
- Test script execution and coordinating test script execution using test management tool and automation tool
- Provide user support and coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed
- Actively participate in meetings and events to acquire product knowledge of future projects
- Stay current with new testing tools and test strategies
- Identifies unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered with or without tooling
- Participates in and leads learning activities around agile software development and development core practices
- Work closely with the developers and engineers to achieve a high level of code coverage
- Support continuous integration process improvement and innovation
- Review and provide feedback on design and architectural documents for new features in the roadmap
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 5+ years of work experience in software quality automation
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes (Agile, Scrum, Jira, Zephyr, ALM)
- Hands on experience working with automation tool (Selenium Web-driver, Cucumber, QTP, UFT, SOAPUI, Ranorex)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands on experience with Behavior driven development (BDD) and Test driven development (TDD)
- Hands on experience designing, developing, debugging and maintaining automation framework from scratch
- Experience testing on various platforms (Desktop, POS, Web, Mobile)
- Strong knowledge of SQL or similar scripting language and backend data validation
- Experience with data reconciliation, data analysis, data modeling, data migration is preferred
- Validating API services using tools
- Hands on experience in Object oriented programming
- Hands on experience working with version control tools (Confluence, GIT)
- Working knowledge of CI to create builds using Jenkins
- Experience with performance and security testing is a plus
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setback.
Minimum travel required