4 months ago
The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Civil Group is seeking talented, patriotic, and motivated U.S. Citizens for an important national security project with the DHS Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The project involves screening, vetting, and credentialing of people who are then granted access and privileges associated with sensitive areas and functions. Some of these populations were identified as sensitive following 9-11 and the passage of the Patriot Act, such as maritime port workers, alien flight schools, and hazardous materials drivers. Though still related to security, other populations programs such as TSA Pre-Check, also facilitate smooth travel. In all cases, these critical functions must continue transparently to the populations involved, while evolving to accommodate growth and enhanced functionality. Since many of these functions evolved independently, there is an opportunity to consolidate and streamline common functions, thus enhancing reliability and reducing costs. By moving to a person-centric data model, TSA will also improve data integrity and services to the individuals in the populations involved.
The project environment will be complex and challenging. It involves sustaining current functions and evolving functionality while merging 3 different technology stacks and associated development environments. In addition, the supporting data center infrastructure exists in two places, Colorado Springs, CO, and Annapolis Junction, MD, and involves teamwork in a distributed environment. For ambitious technologists, the project presents a professional growth opportunity with the satisfaction of contributing to a critical national interest program that both secures and enhances our lives.
This particular requisition is for a Senior Applications Engineer. The work location is a customer facility in Colorado Springs, CO or in a Company facility nearby. The successful Senior Applications Engineer shall:
* Design and define system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems.
* Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
* Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of the total system.
* Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions.
* Participate in alternative analysis, planning, definition, and high-level design of the new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
* Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
* Guide the Agile teams in developing new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
* Develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best products and practices.
* Define subsystems and their interfaces and allocate requirements to subsystems as necessary.
* If required, guide migration of hosted or data-center-resident solutions to Government cloud instances.
* Develop, understand, and dissect metrics, including backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
* Communicate with executive leadership (internally or customer) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
* Provide leadership to the team. Coach, educate, and indoctrinate as necessary the development team, the management team, and the customer team (Product Owner, stakeholders and users as required) in processes and procedures needed to achieve project success.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering, science or related technical field.
• Over five years of experience on complex technical projects, including work on highly available, national security systems.
• Subject matter expertise in the following areas:
o Configuration management o Artifact management
o Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and DevSecOps
o Test automation o Management and administration of GitLab and Mattermost platforms
o Management and administration of container application platforms/Platform as a Service (PaaS), including OpenShift
• Hands-on, working knowledge of the following products:
• Experience supporting diverse teams, including development, operations and maintenance, Infrastructure as a Service and information assurance teams.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, professional documentation
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Experience doing development for the TSA and/or another agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Learn more about Leidos' Civil Grup here: