6 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an analytical, experienced and creative App Growth Hacker to be based in our London office, who is able to shape and drive growth opportunities within the app platform to achieve sustainable acceleration of our App users.
Are you user centric? Product focused and growth obsessed? Can you Identify innovative growth techniques, test and scale them for hyper-growth? If you have the ability to analyse data, interpret it and understand how to use this to drive your decisions then this could be the role for you.
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an operating culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency.
What you can expect as a senior growth manager
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* An opportunity to develop market strategies to acquire and retain users
* The opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
* A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for the travel market.
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What we are looking for
* Proven track record of managing app marketing activities, app referral programs, and having worked in an app only business
* Proven track record of driving significant app growth with low CLV
* In depth understanding of the complex App market place and its limitations
* Operational knowledge of the best tools / solutions to accelerate app growth / shrink limitations
* Strategic vision towards an app first approach
* In depth experience in more than one App Growth related specialisms, such as ASO, APP SEO, Paid app acquisition, App re-engagement and onboarding, App Product Development, Web to App growth techniques etc
* Good understanding of challenges related to Product Market Fit, growth at scale, localization, internationalization and personalization of product
* Technical experience in App product development highly appreciated
* Growth hacking mentality; Product led, data driven, highly creative
* Proficient in a range of tools across the marketing stack, including Tableau, Mixpanel, Appflyer, Google Analytics
* Even better if you have basic programming skills in the likes of SQL & Python to start taking this to the next level
* Understanding of a 2-sided marketplace and how to drive growth among 2 or more distinct user groups
* Experience of working in a lean and agile environment with hands on experience of relevant techniques and tools
* Self-driven. You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily
* Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimise
* Previous significant experience in leading teams, impactful prioritisation of app marketing activities, onboarding and educating others on app best practices
* Specific regional app knowledge EMEA region
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to free food, to ping-pong matches to a holiday buying scheme, as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO and the opportunity to attend your induction in our Edinburgh HQ office. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What else can we offer you……
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks such as barista coffee, fizzy & fresh drinks, fresh & dried fruit, veg, hummus, popcorn and we can help with ‘down-time’ in the office that includes table tennis, pool table, foosball, xbox, office scooters, and massage chairs. We also provide for your health with medical insurance, health screening options, gym membership, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones. Then it gets really interesting, and you can buy more holiday, donate to a good cause, take part in 2 hackdays per year, and 1 charity day, work from your home country for up to 3 weeks, spend up to 30 days working from another of our offices globally. You also have the option to take part in our extended annual leave which is an additional 3 weeks’ break (unpaid) after 3 years’ service or take 5 weeks’ break (paid) after 5 years’ service.