about 1 year ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc. seeks a Senior API Business Analyst.
Delta continually looks to new technologies to advance its customer experiences, and this role offers an excellent chance to join an IT team that has embraced; and is leading the way, in a new digital and API platform for their online systems.
The role of the Business Analyst is to support and enable business change. The Business Analysts are responsible for eliciting requirements from business owners for projects and then performing the necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes are made.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Work with Business and IT teams to discover and identify APIs, document requirements for APIs and API consumers, develop test cases for automated test suites, and develop API documentation.
- Duties include but are not limited to: gathering, developing, coordinating, and maintaining business requirements for various projects and/or systems from initial phase to final implementation, assuring requirements meet standards; troubleshooting, coordinating, and maintaining production systems/programs/applications; assisting in maintenance and communication of project status reports and tracking
- Work with various business and IT teams to evangelize API first architecture
- Work on Agile development teams to develop, test and implement APIs and API consumers.
- Provide efficient project processes and deliverables to shorten the project life cycle, where applicable
- Works with application support and development team to fix software bugs and escalated issues
- Lead resolution to issues with interfacing systems built on different technologies
- Facilitate and Participate in regular project status reviews
- Convert high-level User Requirements into executable, detailed User Stories to enable development
- Visual Modeling (ie Wireframes, flow charts skills)
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Experience leading an API practice/program at a large organization
- Expert level knowledge working with an API management tool like Apigee Edge for governance, analytics and reporting, and policy management
- Strong experience in discovery, identification, and documentation of APIs
- Ability to work with multiple IT and business teams to gather and document API requirements
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit
- Experience developing requirements and test scenarios for automated test suites for APIs
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- 3 - 5 years of project coordination and previous airline business experience is preferred
- 3 -5 years of experience working on API development with an API management tool like Apigee Edge.
- Must possess the technical expertise to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Candidate must have the ability to deliver quality work on time and translate planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies
- Must also have the ability to proactively monitor and control task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
- Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)
- Ideally you will have a background in the Airline or e-commerce industry
- Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.
Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.