about 1 month ago
Senior Algorithm Engineer I
Senior Algorithm Engineer I
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic, and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms around the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T, a division of ESS, is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for unmanned aerial systems, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We’ve earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors so, if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing, and fielding new technology, join us.
As a Senior Algorithm Engineer I , you will take a lead role in developing radar signal processing algorithms that will be embedded in our software-defined radar systems. You will also be responsible for designing, building, and operating radar system simulations that will be used to predict the performance of the radar system in various environments. You will be part of the System Test team performing data collection and analysis at various field tests. We’re looking for an individual who thrives in a small team, holding their own in a role that is responsible for radar algorithm development, simulation development, and system assessment.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Designing and developing radar signal processing algorithms
* Designing, developing, and running radar system simulations
* Using simulation to predict system performance
* Participate in field tests where you will collect radar data
* Analyzing data collected in design verification test efforts
* Presenting results during internal and external program meetings
* Using judgment to plan cost and schedule of modeling and simulation activities
* Developing, tracking, and presenting technical metrics
* Working successfully in a small team environment
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; Master’s degree is preferred
* Must be a US Citizen with an existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update as well as the ability to obtain any additional clearances as needed
* A minimum of 4 years’ signal processing experience
* Excellence in both problem solving and math skills
* Proficiency with MATLAB and Microsoft Office products; C/C++ proficiency is valued
* Signal processing algorithm development is required; radar signal processing algorithm development experience is highly desired
* Simulation design and development experience is required; radar simulation design and development is highly preferred
* Project planning and tracking, cost account management, and Microsoft project are all highly desired but not required
* The ability to lead a small team of algorithm engineers is required; capability in managing a program’s algorithm engineering effort is highly prized
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10% and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
AS&T - Radar & Weapon Systems-21001080
May 11, 2019, 12:36:05 AM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found