Senior Airworthiness & Certification Engineer
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Airworthiness & Certification Engineer to become an important part of one of the world's most diverse and well-known aerospace tech businesses.
Ensuring that designs meet certification and airworthiness requirements in an effective manner throughout the process, you will make sure that any reported design failures, malfunctions or defects are assessed to determine effects on the continuing airworthiness of the product and that any necessary corrective actions are carried out within appropriate timescales.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide airworthiness and certification inputs to the business acquisition process.
- Provide certification expertise within an integrated design process thereby ensuring the final design be fully compliant with requisite certification and airworthiness requirements.
- Prepare and/or contribute to related airworthiness and certification documents.
- Define, progress and facilitate test and analysis in support of compliance verification with relevant parties.
- Attend design and project meetings to provide the airworthiness and certification inputs and progress reports.
- Facilitate compliance verification and design approval of completed changes.
- Manage airworthiness and certification activities in concert with business requirements within a multi-functional environment.
- When appropriate and approved to do so by Head of Design, undertake independent Compliance Verification in accordance with IR21A.239(b) and DOA Privileges IR21A.263.
- Generate and provide awareness training to design colleagues and other staff when required.
- Review reported failures, malfunction and defects that may affect the airworthiness of the product and determine any necessary action.
- Maintain technical competency and currency to be fully effective in role.
- In addition to related qualification and training, significant exposure to working within design / engineering environment with electrical / avionic bias would be ideal.
Knowledge and skills:
- A good aviation background based in the Engineering discipline.
- A broad engineering knowledge of aircraft airframe and electrical and mechanical systems
- Good working knowledge and well-practiced in compliance findings with certification codes,
- Equipment qualification processes and related standards, (Civil and / or equivalent Military Requirements)
- Sound working knowledge of EASA IR 21J DOA obligations
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes.
- Computer literate in MS Office desktop applications
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload in a dynamic business environment.
- Well developed problem solving skills and the ability to assess evidence and develop conclusions based on that evidence in a logical and structured fashion.
- Knowledge of UK Military certification an advantage but not essential
You will possess an Engineering degree or equivalent, preferably within an aeronautical discipline.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within the business. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In order for your application to be considered you must be eligible to work within the UK and fulfil the necessary criteria to gain Baseline and Military Security Clearance.
To apply for this role and find out more, please send your CV via the link provided and we will contact you for a confidential discussion about what's on offer.