Security Agents, Male
Harrods Aviation is a widely recognised leading company in the General (Private) Aviation industry. We are committed to employing the very best individuals who can demonstrate and deliver the very highest level of customer service.
Reporting to the Security Manager, with a daily reporting line into the Security Duty Officer, the Security Officer’s role is to provide world class aviation security on behalf of the Company to its customers from various different countries and to actively assist the customer service product where applicable.
Duties include, but are not limited to;
• Conducting aviation security procedures and the operation of equipment necessary to the task, such as xray, ETDE and access control, as per Ground Security training
• Conducting searches on passengers, staff, luggage, vehicles, Company visitors as required and dealing with the surrendering of prohibited items; making accurate reports on any problems such as surrendered luggage, persons detained, trespassing and damages to the building
• Establish, manage and develop relations (internal and external), by actively listening to expectations and shared needs, by communicating persuasively, and by handling any conflicts in a win-win perspective.
• Remain calm and focused when managing front line relations and/or operational activities and under time constraints or a heavy workload, by identifying effective strategies to solve conflicts and differences and manage tension (internal or external).
• Patrols of the company property reporting any building damage; inspecting and adjusting any security equipment and report any faults accordingly
• Pro-active assistance to other Departments which will include assisting with a presence at reception area when required, assisting as a front of house concierge and assistance in basic ramp duties (full training will be given).
The responsibilities of this role demand that the jobholder is currently working / has recently worked within an Aviation Security environment and holds the following valid certificates / training;
NASP, ‘Ground Security Officer’ (GSO) formally level 1 or Ground Security Supervisor (GSS), formally level 2
NXCT ‘National X-ray competency test’ - Cabin
NXCT ‘National X-ray competency test’ - Hold
HOURS OF WORK
The requirements of the role are to work an average of 42 hours per week working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern consisting of day and night shifts (12 hour shifts). The actual salary is £21,490 per annum.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidates for these roles shall be flexible, have the ability to prioritise and demonstrate good communication skills. Demonstrable experience of working within a Security environment (desirable experience – Business / General Aviation / Airline) and knowledge of provisions and procedures governing implementation of security measures within demarcated areas and land side are also required. IT Literacy (Word / Excel) are advantageous.
Applicants should also have an enthusiastic, willing personality with a sense of humour and the ability to work on their own initiative. The ability to work in an ever changing environment and remain calm under pressure are essential for the role.
Essential requirements for the role include;
• CTC cleared
• Remain operational by successfully passing mandatory recurrent training
• Obtaining an airside airport ID pass
• Physically fit and able to do job
• Full vision (with use of aids if necessary)
• Passing standard medical and test to obtain airside driving license within probation period
You must have held a full, clean UK driving license for a minimum period of one year and have a five year checkable work history. You must also hold the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV and covering letter, quoting the reference and detailing your salary expectations
Benefits include 21 days holiday increasing to 24.5 days after 5 years service (pro rated for part time), Holiday Purchase Scheme, Happy Birthday Day, Contributory Company Pension, Staff Discount, Hospital Saturday Fund Healthcare and Onsite Parking. Full Uniform also provided.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to individuals and therefore if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the date of your application, then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.