4 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Guards, patrols, and polices industrial premises to protect property and personnel against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards. Periodically tours premises; examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure; observes departing personnel to guard against thefts of company property; inspects equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred; reports irregularities; sounds alarm; and permits authorized persons to enter property. May examine credentials of persons desiring entrance to restricted areas. May be required to direct traffic on company premises.
* Frequent but irregular security patrols, including with the site’s alert dog.
* The examination of doors, windows, gates and other physical barriers to determine that they are secure.
* The observation of personnel to guard against thefts of company and personal property.
* The inspection of equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
* The reporting of any and all security irregularities.
* The provision of access to authorized personnel to company property.
* The issuing of security keys.
* Reacting to security incidents.
* Searching of personnel and vehicles.
* Monitoring and reacting to CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection system alarms.
Occasionally step up to perform supervisor roles where reduced workforce requires
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
Shift work details
2 x 12 hour days followed by 2 12 hour nights
United Kingdom (UK)
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* IT literate (in particular MS Office)
* Must be capable of showing a background in the security of large sites within the Corporate Security, military or police environments.
* Must have experience in physical security, including document security, physical security assets (such as fences and barriers), CCTV monitoring, and monitoring and reacting to intruder alarms.
* Desirable that the individual has experience working with guard dogs.
* Experience of leading small security guard teams.
* Have experience of conducting personnel and vehicle searches.
* Must have a full UK driving licence.
* Be able to communicate well with a wide spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds.
* Be able to work on own and as part of a team.
* The ability to deal with people and to remain calm under pressure.
* Be flexible in a constantly changing and dynamic work environment.
* Be able to 'step up' into Supervisor position on occasion to help cover holiday/absence, etc.
The successful candidate must be capable of attaining and maintaining a high level of UK Government security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.