9 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Security Analytics Developer
As WestJet becomes more complex and dynamic, we are seeking a Security Analytics Specialist interested in a fast-evolving environment and capable of identifying and implementing next generation logging, big data, machine learning (ML)/artificial intelligence, and analytical solutions.
Reporting to the Manager, CyberSecurity Development and Technology, the Security Analytics Specialist will collaborate closely with our Security Operations, DevOps, Application Development teams to drive security analytics and response to improve mean-time-to-response and mean-time-to-detect.
* Provide data gathering, analysis and reports to support decision making and the implementation of monitoring improvement initiatives
* Conduct research in security vectors, host and network-based security technologies/threats, machine learning algorithms, and incident mitigation approach
* Data source on-boarding, build information models, design and implement a support model
* Configure and tune analytics platform deployment to match Westjet requirements, and define/update documentation to reflect the current operating environment
* Develop network or entity-based anomaly detection in Splunk Search Language using the ML toolkit and/or other data analytics toolkits
* Develop automation for security events management, create customized searches, and build applications using development expertise
* Provide data gathering, analysis and reports to support decision making and the implementation of business improvement initiatives
* Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to establish target and reference solution designs
* Bachelor degree completion
* CISSP and SANS accreditations preferred
* Demonstrate strong understanding of security fundamentals
* 7 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years work experience in configuring, implementing and administering security tools and delivering security services.
* Experience in implementation and management of multiple security tools and delivery of security services in large enterprise environments
* Expertise in creating and maintaining content development including reports, dashboard, rules and alerts to assist in detection of threats, reporting requirements, and efficiency in threat monitoring
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
* A passion for problem-solving: creative, comfortable with ambiguity and willing to challenge historical assumptions and conventions
* Experience working within the airline industry is an asset
* Experience working in agile teams
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.