3 months ago
Section Leader Engineering Powerplant (position based in Brussels)
Coach & lead RSE’s in the Powerplant Engineering Section, responsible for the implementation and follow up of engine MRO & engine lease contracts, with focus on timing and budget. Allocate the required resources on engineering activities and projects, with a well organized team you implement a policy to realize the department objectives and follow up through a dashboard, visualizing the Section KPI’s.
* Fully responsible for the follow up, assistance, prioritisation & delegation of daily in service operational problems requiring engineering support (preventive engineering actions, solutions and RSE advise for trouble shooting steps) . Your team will be in charge to solve technical problems on a long term basis with manufacturers & implement action plans to achieve uncompromised operational Safety, Regularity & Punctuality goals. Use Reliability Report as a tool to measure Maintenance Program efficiency.
* Provide technical guidance and support to ensure the highest quality output is produced, provide technical direction to ensure the section performs effectively according to sound engineering principles, practices, procedural standards and regulatory requirements. Specific attention will go to engine records & documentation, being complete and in accordance with lease out requirements (f.e. ETOPS requirements).
* Use the expertise within the team to prepare the most cost efficient workscopes, taking into account the contracts and end of lease conditions. Analyse carefully the engine lease contracts and MRO contracts and use the open market solutions where applicable to get the maximum cost benefit during engine shop visits, provide a weekly updated dashboard of engines in MRO.
* Effectively interfaces with manufacturers, vendors, Authorities and other Brussels Airlines departments to ensure objectives are achieved and costs contained within budget.
* Implement & support company policies by functioning as the intermediary between Senior Management & RSE’s, working closely with the engineering manager. Use your people management competences to optimize allocation of resources and get the best out of the RSE’s, lead them to become experts. Distribute the critical technical knowledge across more individuals.
* Bachelor or Master in Electro-Mechanical Science – specialisation Aeronautical Science or equivalent by experience;
* Minimum 5 years of experience with engineering activities within the applicable domain;
* Be an expert in the applicable engineering section;
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PPT);
* Fluent verbal & written in English, knowledge French and/or Dutch;
* Communication & presentation skills;
* People management, feedback & coaching skills, leaderships skills;
* Stress resistance, be able to handle different activities at the same time, flexible;
* Administrative skills, well organized, strong analytical and reasoning capabilities.
Interested in this challenging opportunity? We look forward to receiving your CV + motivation letter!