about 1 month ago
* 06-Jun-2019 to 11-Oct-2019 (CST)
* Mobile, AL, USA
* Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Reporting to the HO A220 Support Functions, the jobholder will be managing the Flighline Engineering Representatives
The jobholder will maintain functional relationship with the Mirabel Director for processes and governance
Initially, the jobholder will also perform the Engineering Support functions as the team builds up
In your role, you will:
* Complete performance management of all employees, including objective setting, development goals and formal performance reviews;
* Support the employees to reach their business and professional development goals;
* Maintain the technical and managerial competence of all staff;
* Work in a multi-disciplined operation to create an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and mobilizes employees to continuously strive for improvement;
* Engage with engineering and non-engineering teams to resolve emerging issues and ensure teams are focused on timely resolution;
* Use Key Performance Indicators and AES tools to improve department's performance and meet or exceed program requirements;
* Identify gaps in performance and implement corrective actions to ensure achievement of objectives;
* Support various engineering processes and procedures and initiate improvements, changes or creation of new engineering processes and procedures;
* Be responsible for financial, material and personnel resource management;
As our ideal candidate,
* You possess an Engineering degree, or equivalent relevant experience;
* You have a minimum of 5 years of Engineering Section Chief experience;
* You are familiar with engineering processes and tools and are able to make recommendations aligned with the long term strategic objectives of the program;
* You are verse in aircraft program development;
* You are familiar with MAP Systems role in Airbus;
* You are resourceful and able to find creative ways to achieve desired outcome, adapting to changing situation and emerging obstacles;
* You are capable to deploy continuous improvement initiatives;
* You have good oral and writing skills, able to simplify complex issues and summarize risks, key actions and next steps;
* You have demonstrated the ability to work in a team composed of individuals with various background and different culture;
* You must also be a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment;
* You have good interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships with internal stakeholders and influence external stakeholders;
* You are a good communicator and are able to listen, coach and guide employees;
* You are familiar with financial activities and are able to support definition of yearly budget and means to ensure its respect;
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
* Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
* Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
* Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
* Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
* Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
* Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 20lbs/9kg.
* Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
* Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
* Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
* Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
* Travel: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
* Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.