11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
The Scrum Master position will work with a cross-functional team involved in developing and maintaining the UTC Aerospace Systems customer portal and related applications in an onshore/offshore support model. The individual will be responsible for implementing agile model for a team that is currently working in waterfall model.
The position will enable all teams (offshore and onshore developers, IT, Customer Service and SBUs) to effectively perform their roles in agile framework. This position will hold daily scrum calls and provide coaching and training to various team members as needed.
This person will also establish and monitor agile effectiveness scorecard and metrics.
Primary Capabilities / Responsibilities
* Ensure customer service and various SBUs are aligned in their understanding of business requirements
* Maintain healthy backlog of well written stories that are ready for development
* Work with development team (IT, onsite Coordinator and offshore) for effort estimation
* Conduct sprint planning, demos and retrospectives. Implement continuous improvement from retrospectives
* Remove impediments, which could require reaching out to people outside of our teams
* Intervene as needed when people unknowingly convert scrum calls into issue-resolution or deep-dive sessions
* Build a positive, safe and high trust environment with culture of accountability and ownership
Qualification: Minimum Qualifications:
* At least 3 year experience working with offshore teams in onshore/offshore support model
* 2 - 4 years’ experience supporting remote Agile software development teams including internationally
* Excellent ability to work with remote teams located in various UTAS offices
* Excellent understanding of JIRA tool and its features
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience transforming, mentoring and coaching new teams to Lean Agile way of thinking and working
* Ability to quickly establish collaborative partnerships with all key stakeholders
* Excellent communication and presentation skills. Should be able to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with people at all levels – from developers to senior leadership team.
* Strong teamwork and influencing skills. Ability to establish relationships, credibility with all stakeholders.
* Scrum Master Certification
* Agile Practitioner certification
* Customer Portal or e-Commerce knowledge or experience
* Relevant technical certifications a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field w/ 5+ years IT experience overall (or)
* Master's degree in Information Technology or related field w/ 3+ years IT experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.