3 months ago
Huntington, WV, US
Job ID: 22894
Req ID: PCC-US.224433
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: :51:16
The Engineering Manager is responsible for developing and leading a team of engineers and technicians in the planning, directing and coordinating of activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in the plant: Establishes standards and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of new and modified equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations. Is also responsible for coordinating effort of Tech Services and the Instrument Shop to provide troubleshooting and support for the HBE sites analog and digital controls, instrument calibration and recording devices.
• Evaluates and develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes and new technology.
• Organize and assign projects to fully utilize and develop the capability of team members.
• Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications.
• Direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering capital projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives.
• Implement approved engineering budgets and monitor actual expenses to ensure they fall within budgets, analyzing out of budget expenses and ensuring they are offset in other areas of the project unless fully justified.
• Tests and commissions newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
• Design and prepare concept drawings and implement new equipment, prototypes or modifications to existing equipment.
• Evaluates, recommends and implements changes to current manufacturing processes by analyzing production, labor standards, and material cost, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements. Implement new methods for higher productivity.
• Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
• Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
• Write performance reviews and solve internal issues
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar.
• 8+ years’ experience in plant/manufacturing operations.
• 2+ management experience.
• Project management and implementation experience.
• Six Sigma, TPM or Lean background with examples of application and results (skill set at the level of a Green or Black Belt).
• Interpersonal skills, Self Confidence, Leadership Abilities.
• Strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated interest in business strategy formulation and analysis.
• Ability to develop and implement strategic objectives.
• Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
• Proficiency in areas of general business administration: organizational design and communications, economics, finance, etc.
• Team leadership and team membership skills.
• Computer skills - proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to build trust and interact with all levels of the organization.
• Detail oriented
• Communication skills (oral and written)
• Values and ethics
• Strategic thinking
• Problem solving
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical Demands – Frequently moves about the production facilities. Must be able to detect unsafe conditions from long distances. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment – The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required the use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.