9 months ago
As a space vehicle Flight Systems Engineer you will develop complex solutions in the area of : Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy System (AS), and Command and Data Handling Subsystem (C&DH). For each system, you will develop requirements definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test and design validation, verification, and writing satellite operating procedures and support satellite operations.
You will be responsible for:
* Resolving technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
* Developing solutions to assure customer satisfaction.
* Performing trade studies to meet program requirements.
* Working under general direction of a senior engineer.
Will need the following abilities and experience:
* Satellite design and test background
* Strong communication (both written and verbal).
* Proficient public speaker and ability to grow into lead positions that require diverse backgrounds.
* A team player.
* Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
* Ability to lead projects and drive issues to closure.
* Ability to work with customer, program office, test, and operations personnel.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active SSBI US Security Clearance. (A US Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* Systems Engineering experience.
* Electrical or Aerospace engineering experience.
* Experience with C/C++.
* MATLAB, VBA tool development experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award