3 months ago
Satellite Communication Systems Engineer
Job ID: 470483BR Date posted: Feb. 04, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: PLE
Description:The Payload Architect will provide strategic focus to the up-front program phase of creating competitive, program winning payload solutions for our customers. The following are a summary of the duties:
• Develop relationships with satellite customers in order to facilitate up-front collaboration prior to RFP release.
• Receive and interpret RFI/RFPs to break down requirements into architectural concepts.
• Lead the development of analysis approaches and methods for new and esoteric design challenges in payload system efforts.
• Develop innovative approaches to performance prediction and assessment.
• Provide thought leadership in development of solutions to RF mission challenges.
• Develop and supervise trade studies that result in optimal satellite solutions.
• Significant experience in the satellite industry
• Demonstrated capabilities to create winning satellite payload architectures and solutions
• Ability to develop new and innovative satellite system solutions
• Experience with satellite simulation tools
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
• PhD degree, with emphasis on Communication Systems Engineering, DSP and System Modeling and Simulation.
• Signifcant expertise in the following disciplines: RF Design and Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, Orbital Mechanics, Probability and Statistics, Estimation Theory, Mathematical Programming, and Satellite System Simulation.
• Industry knowledge and recognition; active participation in relevant professional societies, conferences and publications.
• Superior problem-solving skills and ability to develop new and innovative satellite system solutions.
• Superior mathematical and technical ability.
• Demonstrated excellent technical leadership skills.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Superior collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Extensive experience with communication satellite simulation tools.
• Ability to collaborate with Antenna, RF, Structures, Power and other satellite subsystem leads to create competitive, winning Payload architectural solutions.
• Ability to ensure payload architecture meets design to cost objectives.
• Ability to create hardware mini-specifications to facilitate internal and external cost estimating.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: RF Engineering Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First