8 days ago
Location: Sales Intern Teterboro, NJ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
General Office and Clerical Activities:
1. Perform data input (SAP CRM), spreadsheet development, material reproduction, and other general clerical duties; can access and prepare utilization reports for management and other staff members; back up support for other clerical staff.
1. Prepare domestic and foreign prospects’ proposals, packets, and other material; assist in preparation of various Sales materials through use of graphics, slides, projection overlays and other “desk-top publishing” techniques, as needed.
* Responsible for ordering, receiving and stocking all supplies and materials for Department, as needed.
* Answer phones and operation of the multi-line telephone system; direct incoming calls, take messages and provide general information on an “as needed” basis.
Teamwork – Internal & External Activities:
1. Interview potential Customers to determine training needs, communicate pricing and billing procedures, and coordinate appropriate training scheduling dates and times.
1. Generate weekly/annual schedules and communicate any schedule changes to Customers and employees; maintain tracking system for follow-up activities with prospects and Customers.
* Arrange travel schedules, reservations and accommodations, as needed.
* Keep centralized departmental appointment schedule and coordinate activities.
1. Maintain FlightSafety International's commitment to customer satisfaction while performing job duties.
1. Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
* Accountable for the security of FlightSafety International materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety International products.
1. Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
* Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
* Report, on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building to appropriate person(s) for correction.
* Participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) activities at assigned site and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing the site's QMS goals.
* Support FlightSafety International's, and its subsidiaries', commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful and ethical conduct as we deal with co-workers, customers, vendors and others in all of our operations. (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prioritize workflow on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Attend, facilitate and/or research training to increase skills applicable to job position and workplace issues.
Train and cross-train, as needed.
Travel, as required.
CONTACTS: The employee must display a service-oriented demeanor to both internal and external contacts and promote a positive image of FlightSafety International, while performing the duties of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirement)
High school diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency (G.E.D. - demonstrated satisfactory performance in the General Educational Development Testing Program) with two to three (2-3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Aviation terminology/background, a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver’s License, where applicable.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to interact with various levels of management in a professional manner
Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high pressure situations
Type/keyboard 50+ wpm (computer user with good typing/keyboarding skills), preferred
Able to work unsupervised, as needed
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
IBM PC and/or compatible computer, with printer
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark