Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking an experienced Sales and Marketing Manager to join our growing team in Langley.
Oversee sales planning, coordination, preparation, approval and support of maintenance services proposals to airlines. Generate unique proposals for new service offerings. Create sales tools and information for maintenance and technical services. Contract negotiation and coordination (in association with contracts department) with the airline customer. Program implementation for maintenance and technical services once they are sold in coordination with the Service Program Manager assigned to the program. Manages, through matrix organization, the coordination of the activities towards the sales of services with responsibility/accountability for results, including costs, profit, methods and staffing.
Your day to day duties and responsibilities will include:
Sales Planning of Maintenance and Technical Services
- Determine potential customers and determine a strategy for winning contracts for maintenance and technical services.
- Strategy would be performed and implemented with regional sales focal where available.
- Ensure proper implementation of marketing programs, product promotions, and service offerings in order to maintain Panasonic Avionics Corporation as the preferred Technical Services provider.
- Keep informed of competitors, developments, and trends. Provide regular reports on activities and opportunities.
- Manage sales forecast/bookings and helps to establish sales growth and profit targets.
Proposal Generation for Maintenance and Technical Services
- Research information to develop specific quotes for customers for standard and customized services.
- Coordinate proposal with maintenance operations groups, check and approve P&L and proposal, then discuss with and obtain approval from senior management and Finance prior to submitting to customers.
Contract Negotiation and Coordination with the Airline Customer
- Team with contracts manager to negotiate maintenance and repair contracts with airline customers.
- Coordinate key issues with senior management prior to contract completion.
Program Implementation for Repair and Maintenance Services
- Once a program is sold, the sales support manager will coordinate with the service program manager the implementation of the maintenance and/or technical services for the airline.
- This effort is done in conjunction with the Hardware regional account manager if for a new system sale.
Marketing Presentation/Analysis and Sales Tools Development
- Develop the value proposition presentation and sales tools for regional Marketing Managers to use to promote sales of maintenance and technical services.
- Assess and/or develop understanding of the maintenance services and the value it provides to airlines in order to reach company profit and sales targets.
- Understand the Maintenance Market parameters (value versus pricing) within the aircraft cabin environment (Seats/IFE/Galleys/Cabin Safety systems etc)
- Develop Company Intelligence on the sale of Maintenance services in the A
- Pursue new prospects and track the opportunity status (record of opportunities and win/loss assessment).
- The value proposition, marketing tools and training of regional hardware marketing managers are required to meet that objective.
- Contribute to the development of a Solution sales approach to Airlines customers (Hardware & Services)
Skills and Qualification
- 5 years of sales manager experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Prior Experience in the sales of Maintenance services within an MRO and/or an airline.
- Technical understanding of In-Flight Entertainment systems and its related components preferred
- Extensive relevant work experience in a technology environment, preferably in the aircraft maintenance to the airline industry
- Program management and/or supply chain experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in the sales of Maintenance Services within an MRO and/or an airline is desired.
- Prior experience working for an Aerospace Equipment manufacturer in the after-sales arena is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of the MRO (Maintenance and Repair Organization) industry
- Strong sales and negotiation skills that produce win-win results within a technology environment
- Independent self starter, with excellent communication skills
- Clear understanding of airline strategic objectives and ability to convey OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) value proposition.
- Experience in analyzing, researching, and interpreting data required to produce sales proposals and develop customized or new service offerings.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business and market trends.
- May require travel, up to 50% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.