8 months ago
The part you’ll play
The position of Safety, Security, Compliance and Environmental Manager will be responsible for all matters relating to safety and security in the airport environment. This will be verified by monitoring of MORSE safety reports and internal audits, managing compliance against contractual and regulatory requirements along with the adequacy of procedures necessary for a safe and secure operation on the ground for all customer airlines and the training requirements of Menzies Aviation are met in full.
* Assist the Business Unit Manager in achieving their responsibilities in respect of managing health, safety and security within their unit.
* To reduce Health, Safety and security risk exposure and improve performance.
* Improve upon the process of hazard identification and risk control (through completion of risk assessments). Developing local policy when required, supporting the field operation to introduce safe working procedures and proactive audit programmes.
* To maintain and enhance appropriate and effective safety and security systems, including adequate controls and protocols, to ensure all operations remain fully compliant with all relevant industry, regulatory and country specific legislation requirements.
* To liaise closely with operational management to assist functional management of safety and security within the business.
* Support operational managers to maintain and enhance a safe and secure culture within all departments and provide guidance and advice on Menzies Aviation Health, Safety and Security policies.
* Implementation and auditing of the relevant Health, Safety and Security policies and procedures within the business unit.
* To ensure full regulatory compliance at the business unit and liaison with HSE, CAA and various enforcement agencies including assisting with incident and criminal investigation.
* Fostering and maintaining key stakeholder relationships with the relevant airline and airport operations management, customs, immigration, security officials, union officials, and other key airport stakeholders.
* Ensure the consistent reporting of all accidents, incidents or near misses.
* Lead reporting and Investigation of aircraft, personal, GSE/Vehicle, property and security incidents as directed.
* Conduct regular performance reviews and drive continuous operational safety and security improvement.
* Providing detailed reports and safety/security performance measurements for all customer airlines as required.
* Design and deliver briefings, ensure SLS board remains current, maintain control of MATV content.
* Assist in management of MORSE and SMART, satisfactory conclusion of investigations, implementation of appropriate control measures and monitoring CARs and CAPs to ensure closure.
* To chair monthly safety performance reviews, both internally and potentially with 3rd
* Providing recommendations to the Regional Managers in relation to the on-going development of the Risk and Safety System, Quality Assurance and Security procedures and associated documentation.
* To lead responsibility for timely and appropriate responses to ASRs/GSR’s and other Airline Audit findings.
* Overseeing the execution of safety, security and quality systems training for Managers & Supervisors.
* Work operational shifts as required by the customer and business requirements.
* Any other reasonable duty as requested.
What you’ll need to bring:
* Must hold appropriate nationally recognised occupational health & safety qualification e.g. IOSH level 2 qualification.
* Fully experienced and conversant with international airline ramp handling procedures, international aviation safety and security procedures.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Aviation Ground Handling.
* A good working knowledge of Airlines and Airport Authorities.
* Excellent leadership and people skills.
* Must be self-motivated, disciplined, forward thinking and proactive and be able to manage time and changing priorities. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels.
* Flexible attitude to change.
* Ability to drive through policies and procedures and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
* Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Must be willing to travel to attend training courses, seminars etc.
* Competent in the full Microsoft Office packages.
* Aircraft and Airline knowledge specific to the airlines we handle.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
* JD - Safety, Security & Environmental Manager.pdf (295.62 KB)
* Apply NowPlease apply via the Apply button