Airtask Group provides bespoke mission based aviation solutions to Government and Commercial customers.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Safety and Compliance Manager. This is a full time role based at our Head Office in Cranfield. This is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to be an integral part of a small, friendly team. The position will require an individual that is willing to travel, attending our various Company bases.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Accountable Manager and be responsible for ensuring that the Company Safety Management System (SMS) meets the requirements of relevant legislation and all operational and maintenance aspects of the Compliance Monitoring System are adhered to in line with company manuals, procedures and standards required by the authority.
Key responsibilities are:
- Monitor Airtask’s compliance with all relevant regulations, requirements, standards and procedures to ensure that the related processes and procedures are in place, are compliant, adequate and effective
- Ensure the Safety and Compliance Monitoring Systems are properly established, implemented, maintained and documented
- Provide safety and compliance oversight of Airtask’s contracted and sub contracted suppliers
- Facilitate the risk management process that should include hazard identification, risk analysis and risk mitigation
- Ensure that there is safety management training available and promotion of a Just safety culture within the Company
- Manage the Company Emergency Response Procedures to ensure the highest state of preparedness
It is essential that prospective candidates have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Possess relevant knowledge, background and appropriate experience related to the role
- Be an excellent communicator and show demonstrable experience of interacting with individuals at all levels within the business
- Possess a highly organised approach to working to strict deadlines
· Clear decision making ability
· Capability to meet the requirements to hold a Form 4 Nominated Person post
- A formal auditing qualification or relevant training
- Safety Management Systems (SMS) principles and practices
- Compliance Monitoring Processes
- ISO 9001:2008 (2015)