Safety & Airworthiness Manager
Specialist defence Aviation
Full time permanent
Ashford - Kent
Our customer is at the forefront of cutting edge design, specialising in the design & manufacture of state of the art unmanned aerial & surface targeting computers.
Due to a period of sustained growth, they are seeking to appoint a Safety & Airworthiness Manger to join their operation based in Kent.
The ideal candidate will possess a variety of skills that include product safety, DAOS, safety critical/airworthiness, process documentation & safety case work.
Key tasks for this role will include:
- Focal point for all product safety and regulation matters within the business including airworthiness. This covers both Aerial and Surface (boat) targets.
- Develop and maintain fit for purpose product safety and compliance processes within the business, & in line with relevant company accreditations including DAOS and ISO 9001.
- Administration, maintenance and updates of existing product safety cases and compliance documentation.
- Creation of new safety cases to cover new target systems or locations.
- Advising on Safety Case Impact of Design changes.
- Provide airworthiness and safety support to customers.
- Provide support to the business Field Services team to help them attain and maintain permissions to operate the businesses' products worldwide.
- Provision of safety advice and management in any other circumstances required by the wider team
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Able to turn complex regulatory requirements in to simple, safe and compliant solutions.
- Able to operate autonomously and reactively to changing requirements
- Enthusiastic and committed to the role
- Good IT skills
- Calm, able to work well under pressure
- Good communicator, both written and oral
- Excellent team player
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Broad Engineering experience
- Significant experience of working in a regulated field of Engineering
- Understanding of product safety and compliance requirements
- Experience as a Safety Manager / Engineer in a Products Environment (desirable).
- Knowledge of airworthiness regulations and processes including DAOS (desirable).
- Engineering or Safety Degree (desirable)
- Chartered Engineer (desirable)
- Domain knowledge of Unmanned Aerial Target systems including ground, target and control systems (desirable)
This role may include some travel in the UK and overseas. (<20%)
A full job spec is available.
Contact Simon Portway