Rotors Systems Design and Development (Rotors D&D) are responsible for the detailed design and structural integrity of blades, hubs and rotating controls across the whole range of helicopter and tilt-rotor platforms using both metallic and composite materials.
Rotors D&D is a cross-geographical team located in two main sites in the UK and Italy.
We are looking for a talented Design Engineer to join our department based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a design engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of activities including;
- The generation of 3-D design definitions for new aircraft types ensuring that parts are cost effective and fit for purpose.
- Control the configuration of the rotor system.
- Provide support for the fleet of in-service aircraft by developing product improvement modifications, responding to in-service technical queries and develop repair solutions.
- Work closely with manufacturing organisations and vendors to delivery high quality and cost effective products and repairs.
This exciting position will allow you to work with a broad spectrum of engineering and manufacturing disciplines and enable you to enhance your skills. As a significant proportion of Rotor components are manufactured on site there are many opportunities to be involved directly with the manufacturing organisation. Providing support to flight operations creates opportunities to work alongside the aircraft.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Scheming and detailed design of metallic and composite rotor dynamic components.
- Producing rotor assemblies and installations and managing the aircraft configuration.
- Proposing product improvements and generating modifications to resolve issues.
- Writing technical reports, specifications and acceptance test schedules
- Generating specifications and managing vendor supplied rotor components.
- Preparing repair procedures and damage limit documentation.
- Creating qualification and compliance documentation.
- Resolving in-service technical issues & queries.
- Supporting manufacturing plants and responding to non-conformance reports.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree, HND or HNC equivalent in a relevant subject, e.g. mechanical or aeronautical engineering, science or mathematics subject.
- Experience in the following is an advantage but training can be provided.
- Knowledge, experience and ability in design, development, and qualification of equipment. Experience of rotating component design an advantage but training can be provided.
- Experience in the use of CATIA V5, VPM, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of composite and metallic manufacturing processes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of an integrated team are required.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.