3 months ago
Robotics Software Engineer
Job ID: 453722BR Date posted: Sep. 24, City: Stratford State: ConnecticutProgram: Autonomy2018
Description:Define the future of aviation. Stand at the forefront of technology and innovation. Transform your ideas and dreams into reality. Join Lockheed Martin’s Flight Controls and Autonomy team and be part of the greatest transformation in aviation history; unmanned fully autonomous flight.
The Flight Controls and Autonomy team is currently seeking highly motivated technology pioneers with a desire to steer and lead the Autonomy industry. Successful candidates must be willing and able to work on highly complex challenging problems, leading to world-changing technological breakthroughs.
Team’s technical areas of emphasis include Fly-By-Wire Flight Control Systems, Guidance/Navigation & Control (GNC), Flight Test, Autonomy, Aviation Robotics, Perception, AI and Motion Planning.
The Robotics Software Engineer will work closely with robotics and aerospace engineers to design, analyze, implement and test algorithms and systems enabling optionally-piloted rotorcraft flight capable of navigating to specific goal points while avoiding obstacles, evaluating terrain for safe landing zones, building contingency plans, and performing continuous surveillance. The primary technology focus areas will be perception, planning, and system infrastructure. The engineer will work in a fast pace development environment while additionally developing plans to mature and transition systems to real-time, embedded environments.
Look no further, the future of aviation is here. Join our awesome team today!
B.S. Electrical Engineering or
B.S. Computer Engineering or
B.S. Aerospace Engineering or
B.S. Robotics Engineering or
B.S. Computer Science
5+ Years of Experience
• Systems programming or robotics software programming
• Linux or BSD experience
• C or C++ experience preferred. Other systems programming languages optional (e.g. D, Rust, Objective-C, Swift, etc.)
• Real-time and resource-constrained systems
• Knowledge in operating systems concepts for embedded systems, including: scheduling, process synchronization, concurrency
• Network protocols and inter-process communication
• Ability to understand, leverage and integrate basic algorithms and data structures. (sorting, searching, trees, graphs, maps, etc.)
• Software engineering tools and frameworks for development, testing, and configuration management (gcc, cmake, Git, Jenkins, etc.)
• Prior experience in one or more robotics domains, such as:
- Search-based or sampling-based motion planning
- Computer vision, LiDAR, RADAR
• Experience with RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, LynxOS, etc.
• Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow.
• Data analysis in Python, Perl, R, etc.
• Experience working on safety-critical systems, test planning and execution
• Flight test experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electrical Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First