about 1 month ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Robotic Paint Engineers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Leads and manages robotic activity including robotic orders/specifications, set-up, programming, maturation, maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports paint robotic related cleaning, prepping, masking, and spraying aircraft surface and/or subassembly parts for the paint process.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Leads and manages robotic activity across facilities including robotic orders/specifications, set-up, programming, maturation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Supports new robotic model incorporation and process capability studies involving robotics (process analysis, new model, in-depth cycle time analysis, etc.)
* Performs robotic programming on-line and off-line (3D CAD robotic simulation, off-line path creation, process capability confirmation, on-site introduction and maturation of robotic programs.
* Supports new technical robotic development and the development of associate skills related to robotics across the organization.
* Optimize paint robot utilization, minimize robotic system downtime, and continuously improve the paint application process and final quality.
* Inspects aircraft for any paint defects, discoloration, dark spots, and touchup robot programs as needed.
* Analyzes errors, defects and determines root cause. Develops and assist in implementation of corrective actions, utilizes SPC or quality bases tools to evaluate effective of corrective action.
* Reviews chemical and physical properties of paint to optimize the application parameters and processes of automatic, manual, electrostatic, and conventional spraying.
* Implements and consistently follows the 5s program.
* Performs path creation and adjustments for upload/download to robotic work cells.
* Works directly with paint suppliers and other members across the company to solve any paint related problems and/or improve the application process.
* Develop color formulations, performs color tinting, matching and testing for approval of new colors/suppliers.
* Performs data analysis of DFT, robotic system downtime and from paint and color testing instruments.
* Performs preventive maintenance routine to the robot and rotary application bell, is also responsible for troubleshooting and fault recovery of the robotic system.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing/or Engineering Technology or an Associate’s degree with two years equivalent experience preferred.
* 6+ years experience in industrial coatings application with automated systems. Automotive/Aviation/Aerospace preferred.
* SSPC Certification strongly preferred.
* Minimum of five years’ experience in robotic programming with some CAD experience.
* Familiar with programming industrial six-axis robots (weld, sealer, paint, or other) and other advanced automation background. Fanuc Works preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
* Must have strong manufacturing process analysis skills.
* Must have strong communication skills.
* Must have robot programming skills and paint robot installation.
* Must have mechanical (Disassembly/Reassembly) and electrical maintenance of Fanuc robots experience.
* Must have paint formulation, color tinting and matching experience.
* Must have rotary bell and peripheral equipment experience.
* Must have fluid delivery systems experience (pumps, circulation systems, paint mixing equipment)
* Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s and peripheral devices.
* Must have leadership skills and strong work ethics.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Must be proficient with 3D CAD and CATIA.
* Ability to meet EPA certification requirements.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Advanced paint mixing knowledge and abilities to color blend and color match existing finishes during spot paint repair inspection.
* Understands process for masking around intricate areas such as logo and exterior areas. Skilled at removing pull tapes and masking materials after paint prep stage is completed.
* Understands and is capable of performing aircraft final finish of metallic and pearl coats and other specialty coating applications including gradient paint color coats and blends.
* Experience in preparing and applying topcoat applications with electrostatic equipment.
* Ability to work overtime, call in, call back, and on call duty if so requested by management.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and PowerPoint) preferred.
* Preferred working knowledge of SAP and TCM manufacturing at beginner level.
* Ability to read, understands and interprets engineer coating drawings, customer option selections solutions, and placard installations (interior, exterior, and wheel well).
* Detail oriented.
* Off-line programming experience (preferably Delmia D5-IGRIP/V5 Robotics, PaintPro).
* Experience with FANUC and/or Yaskawa Motoman robotic programming.
* Automated equipment maturation experience (automotive, for example).
* Project management experience.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
17 days ago
only 12 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 1 day until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close