Risk and Assurance Manager (UK)
£65,000 (Commensurate with experience - to be discussed fully at interview)
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven professional to take responsibility for the role of Risk and Assurance Manager. This role will help to oversee UK operations specialising in providing aviation support for individuals, corporations and government agencies, by leading a working culture which optimises safety performance.
* To undertake / oversee the duties of the Safety Manager as per ORO.GEN.200.
* In line with the companies Risk Management Framework and Policy to implement risk management processes; aligned with strategic objectives, including liaising with members of the Leadership Team and management to identify, assess and evaluate risks within the EU Air division.
* To actively lead a culture that strives to optimise safety performance.
* To act as the central point of contact and manage the day-to-day activities relating to the GA(UK)L Risk management and Assurance department, including but not limited to the Safety Management System (including the Safety components of Commercial and Non-commercial Flight Operations).
* As the companies competent person, to provide in-house technical expertise and to act as a point of reference, co-ordination and consultation on incident investigation, statistical/ trend analysis, risk registers and safety performance indicators.
* To maintain the company risk register and regularly update and report on risks in an appropriate way for different audiences (i.e., GA(UK)L Board, Leadership Team and, SRB, SAG and individual colleagues).
* To embed the organisation's 'risk appetite', and identify and record mitigating actions and monitor that they are fully completed in a timely manner.
* To provide support, guidance and training to colleagues to build risk awareness within the organisation.
* To track progress against actions arising from a variety of mediums and report progress on a regular basis to appropriate audiences (including collating monthly SPI data to populate a performance dashboard.
* To maintain and monitor compliance with legislation and regulations (ORO.GEN.200) and work with central support and operational teams to achieve required standards and ensure that policies are followed.
* To manage relationships with regulatory Authorities, legislative bodies and internal and external consultants and specialists, forming an effective bridge between such third parties and the core business.
* Relevant technical qualifications, acumen & senior level experience
* Experience in an aviation safety role or safety risk management role desirable.
* Proven experience in building and implementing an effective risk programme that is efficient, effective, productive and cost effective in a large business.
* Commercial awareness and ability to understand broad business issues
* Excellent communication skills together with the confidence and gravitas to interface with a diverse range of individuals
* Collegiate and diplomatic in approach to working with operational teams at all levels
* Strong organisational skills
* Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
* Ability to work under own initiative and without direct assistance
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at the company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.