4 months ago
RF Engineer - Land Mobile Radio
Req #: 219013
Location: Alexandria, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Favorable SSBI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
CACI is seeking an RF Engineer – Land Mobile Radio in Alexandria, VA. If you’re looking for a position that provides best practices to maintain, monitor, repair and report on the readiness of the existing and future ICE TACCOM networks, CACI would like to speak with you.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Repair & maintain a P25 simulcast conventional public safety radio communications systems
* Monitor site status and address discovered issues, verify documentation of fielded systems, and interact with end-users to gather information to solve problems
* Perform installations, repairs/replacements, technical evaluations, and assessments of various radio systems(s), telephonic troubleshooting, and/or maintenances of radio systems at ICE radio sites
* Install, troubleshoot, and repair, electronic equipment associated with land mobile radio systems
* Test, repair, and maintain base, mobile, and portable two-way radios and accessory equipment
* Assemble, connect, and secure such components as transmitters, power supplies, and antenna assemblies
* Program, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the following LMR assets: APX 7000, APX 7500, XT 5000, XTL 5000, XTL 5000 consolette, Quantar Repeater, Astro-Tac receiver, Astro-Tac 3000 comparator, GTR 8000 repeater, GPW 8000 receiver, and GCM 8000 comparator.
* Build radio code plugs for mission critical operations.
* Update CPS software and firmware for all radio programming computers.
* Test, tune and align duplexers, repeaters, portable radios and mobile radios.
* Manage encryption keys using the Motorola Key Management Facility (KMF).
* Encrypt radios using Over-the-Air-Rekeying (OTAR) or manually by using the KVL-3000+.
* Analyze and interpret circuit wiring, logic cable diagrams, complete communication system schematic diagrams, and network specifications for the purpose of installing, troubleshooting, or maintaining the system or device.
* Create and maintain end-to-end documentation associated with communications system installation and maintenance
* Provide emergency on call service to maintain mission critical systems
* May operate and maintain mobile electronic service shop truck or other service vehicles.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* The ability to Obtain a DHS Suitability Clearance - High Risk Rating
* A Technical Bachelors degree (Physics/Computer Science/Management Information Systems with Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Telecommunications) with a minimum of 5 years experience.
* Motorola P-25
* RF Engineer (Level IV)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Familiarity with Motorola 7.xx System and Juniper network equipment.
* Motorola WAVE training, experience, certification
* ATAK training, experience, certification
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.