about 1 month ago
RF Design Engineer Sr. / MMW + Microwave / Chelmsford, MA
Job ID: 470045BR Date posted: Jan. 31, City: Chelmsford State: Massachusetts
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking to hire an experienced RF engineering professional at our campus in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. We offer an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting edge design and genuine hands on electronics laboratory testing and product development. This exciting role will offer the opportunity to work with our top industry leading RF and microwave design professionals.
The RF Engineer will support the development of complex multi-function modules used in challenging high reliability applications. The engineer will be responsible for architecting and designing circuits, modules, and sub-systems from initial concept through prototyping and full rate production. The engineer will be responsible for analysis and troubleshooting of circuits for advanced electronic modules including amplifiers, mixers, switches, frequency generation circuits and frequency conversion circuits at all phases of the product life cycle.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
MFCREFER - RF Engineer
• BS degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and professional level experience.
• A demonstrated record of successful RF/microwave design is required.
• A demonstrated ability to troubleshoot designs and resolve integration issues is required.
• Familiarity with the use microwave test equipment and with microwave circuit simulation tools is required.
• Strong organization skills are required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance and obtain an interim secret security clearance prior to start.
• BS degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and 5 years of professional level experience.
• MS in electrical engineering desirable.
• Design experience with microwave products operating 20 GHz to 100GHz is desired.
• Expertise with 3D electromagnetic simulation tools is desired.
• Expertise with microelectronics assembly techniques is desired
• Experience leading successful technical projects is desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electrical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First