Loganair operates a comprehensive network of scheduled and charter flights around the United Kingdom, but predominately in Scotland. The company continues to grow and develop and it now has around 700 members of staff, in various departments, including, Engineering, Flight Operations, Ground and Customer Services, Safety and Compliance, Commercial, Finance and Operations. We have stations throughout the United Kingdom, including: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Norwich, Kirkwall, Sumburgh, Wick, Stornoway, Sumburgh, Campbeltown, Barra, Benbecula, Tiree and Islay.
Due to continued expansion of the operation, applications are now invited for this newly created role in the Commercial team.
The role of the Revenue Trader is to support the Head of Revenue and Sales by maximising the revenue opportunity for a set of defined routes under their ownership, and managing systems effectively to achieve such.
· Manage a portfolio of Loganair routes with the aim of maximising the revenue per flight.
· Develop an in depth understanding of the routes in question, and dynamically respond to the fluctuations in market demand, making suitable recommendations for amendment to inventory settings and/or the schedule.
· Develop inventory solutions that balance booking class priorities, optimising Loganair’s passenger mix on flights throughout high and low demand periods and adjusting frequency/aircraft capacity as appropriate.
· Assist in analysing pricing models to ensure revenue optimisation, making price and positioning recommendations, as well as liaising with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure sales spend and effort is appropriately targeted.
· Play an integral part in the supporting of the Commercial team and take an active part in the department’s revenue review, and assist in resolving issues by obtaining and analysing the data relating to their routes and drawing meaningful conclusions.
· Participate in ad hoc projects as required, and undertake other duties as directed by the Head Of Revenue and Sales
Relevant Experience and Skills
· Experience in the airline industry or similar environment including dealing with inventory management, demand modelling, fares, or ticketing would be an advantage, though not essential as on the job training will be provided.
· Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capacity to work around problems.
· Must possess broad understanding of customer behaviour and market trends and also be able to gauge market dynamics and proactively propose tactical initiatives based on factual information in a timely manner.
· Strong analytical skills with proven ability to produce and analyse reports of a high quality.
1. Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Statistics, and educational qualifications that demonstrate proficiency in English Language and Maths – or – at least 2 years relevant aviation experience in a similar role
2. The ability to act proactively and with limited direct supervision, while at the same time recognising when matters need to be referred to more senior managers.
3. The written and oral communication skills necessary to initiate and respond to correspondence, to make notes and minutes of meetings and to deal with other forms of communication.
4. The interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships on behalf of the Company with external bodies
5. The ability to work accurately with detailed information and to ensure that practical tasks are effectively implemented.
6. E-literate and competent in developing, administering and using PC associated networks and systems to acquire, manipulate and disseminate information.
Outline of competencies
Post-holder will be able to:
a) Adopt personal style to develop relationships with colleagues
b) Share information with colleagues
c) Present self in a manner appropriate to the situation
d) Obtain relevant information, analyse and maintain it in appropriate formats
e) Refer decisions to others when appropriate
f) Develop own knowledge of the organisation, its context and its services to fulfill objectives
g) Develop daily work plans for job objectives
h) Keep people informed of progress on key tasks
i) Identify and highlight potential obstacles in achieving objectives and propose solutions where appropriate.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter by e mail.