10 months ago
Boeing Commercial Airlines (BCA) Customer Support is seeking a Retrofit & Repair Engineer to join a team where you will develop aircraft retrofit plans for all Boeing Airplane models in the area of Mechanical System and/ or Propulsion System. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.
* Researches, analyzes and interprets engineering data to develop and evaluate retrofit/repair product configurations.
* Develops and defines customer retrofit/repair requirements.
* Integrates data from configuration management sources.
* Creates retrofit/repair product designs.
* Develops processes, tests and validates retrofit/repair installations to ensure compliance with customer requirements and regulatory standards.
* Verifies retrofit/repair design compliance with customer/regulatory requirements to enable approval.
* Directs use of process improvement methodologies.
* Analyzes customer technical queries and provides retrofit/repair solutions.
* Works under general direction.
* Develop, manage and status aircraft retrofit plan at project level
* Apply extensive knowledge of customer retrofit requirement to develop improved solution that is tailored for aircraft customers
* Support various program leadership, change process and customer meetings to influence retrofit decision
* Make use of and applies extensive knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, software and/or systems
* Communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate retrofit solution and able to influence change as needed
* Develop, review and/or approve Service Bulletin, Information Notice, and Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC)
* Provide response to customer service request related to Service Bulletin
* Occasionally travel to Airline Maintenance Facility to support retrofit work in short notice
* Be willing to stay late or work on weekend occasionally to support Retrofit Work and/or Airline Reported Issues
* Travel for work 10% of the time.
Relocation assistance based on Eligibility.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Electrical Engineering
5 or more years of experience working in Aerospace industry as an Engineer
Experience in Project Management
Advanced proficiency in MS Office Products and strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills
Ability to work occasional late evening, weekends and/or overtime
Experience working with propulsion system and/or engine technology
Experience in Airplane Design, Liaison Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering as an engineer
Experience in MRO or Airline Maintenance Facility as an engineer
Experience in Airplane Mechanical System and/or Propulsion System
Experience with engineering tools such as ENOVIA, PDM, MAPPER, CATIA
Experience with working with FAA or Regulatory Administration
Knowledgeable about Airplane Maintenance Standards such as ATA iSpec 2200 and/or S1000d
Engineering degree ABET accredited preferred
BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Electrical Engineering & 5 year or more related experience or MS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Electrical Engineering & 3 year or more related experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award