9 months ago
IRAD (Internal Research And Development) Technical Lead will provide the technical oversight for the internally funded research and development programs working closely with the business development, bids & proposals, technical sales, and the engineering development team to define requirements, resource the program, and translate customer's long term needs into viable products.
Additionally, as the IRAD Technical Lead, your responsibilities will include :
* Provide technical interface between the business development team and the engineering team that is assigned to execute the specific IRAD program
* Work with business development team to translate customer requests into a set of requirements for research and development programs
* Lead the engineering team to implement high level customer requirements into prototypes to be tested in house and given to the customers for their evaluation
* Work collaboratively with the various engineering teams (systems engineering, hardware & software, mechanical, and test)
* Hold Engineering team accountable for meeting project schedule commitments (schedule & cost)
* Work directly with customers as programs transition to detailed design
* Work directly with Engineering Program Managers to ensure program commitments are met
* Support Cleanroom development activities
* Provide continuity within and across multiple programs to maximize synergies
* Provide sufficient documentation to enable conversion to production
* Develop and provide support of a SiC module product line including the development and use of datasheets, application notes, and customer evaluation kits
* Develop and support gate drivers/controllers for the SiC module product line
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering and /or R&D environment (including experience with designing power electronics; experience with power discretes and modules; experience working in a fast-paced, R&D environment with the objective to develop prototypes for customer evaluations)
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or college
* 15 + years of experience in the design of analog/digital power electronic circuits
* 5 years of experience working with FETs and associated modules
* Experience with power discretes and modules especially SiC technology
* Experience in a technical leadership role
* Experience in rapid prototyping and working with nebulous
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Florida, New York; Pompano Beach
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.