3 months ago
Research and Insights Data Analyst (Marketing)
2 weeks ago(12/04/2018 09:02)
Number of Openings
Reporting into the Insights and Planning Manager, the Research & Insights Data Analyst will feed into the delivery of insights that drive customer focused decision making and unlock growth opportunities. As such we are looking for a candidate that has a real passion for ‘connecting the dots’ with data, is self- motivated, detail oriented and has the experience to work on their own initiative. The role will also require the completion of detailed quantitative and qualitative research projects throughout the year. The position requires someone with curiosity/excellent analytical and data querying skills, strong communication and storytelling ability, and influencing skills along with the ability to work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop insight generation skills, working independently and genuinely contributing to a busy, motivated marketing department.
All applications should be submitted by 25th April 2018.
* Honours degree in either market research, maths, statistics, science or equivalent 3rd level qualification.
* Courses in statistics and/or research methodology/market research techniques would be a distinct advantage
* Ability to learn fast in a demanding environment
* Self-motivated with experience working independently
* Strong ability to understand and interpret large amounts of data and information from complex data sets
* Analyse data using statistical software, using tools and techniques e.g. Targit, Tableau, Power BI
* Attention to detail and the ability to identify improvements or opportunities
* Experience in and passion for solving business problems
* Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
* Critical thinking skills
* Insight generation: Experience in assessing all available internal and external information to determine what strategies work best or should be applied to generate a return on investment, identify opportunities to drive commercial growth or improve customer satisfaction
* An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to tell a story from the data, and present to diverse audiences across the campus including senior management
* Committed to daa values
* Analyse, interpret and convert complex data sets and findings to develop deep consumer understanding and sharp insight
* Feed into the development and continuous improvement of an end user software tool that will enable Insights and Planning to more efficiently mine data, drive sharper insights, and enable clearer correlation between datasets
* Create high quality outputs e.g. understandable tables, graphs, written reports and infographics to make recommendations that enable key departments to deliver business and commercial success
* Deliver best in class insight communication to influence the organisation