4 months ago
3 to 8 years
B.Tech. /B.E. /M.Tech. /M.E.
The job holder is responsible for justification of the damages and repair solutions from static strength and fatigue and damage tolerance point of view on Time, Cost and Quality. The job holder will work in close collaboration with a design colleague to provide a suitable repair solution. The end customers are Airlines/MRO.
The various activities to perform are:
* Create high quality integrated and certified engineering repair solutions for the airlines and internal customers within the given time.
* Carry out stress calculations to assess design solutions using standard hand and computer methods. Further create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data for repairs.
* Liaise with Design, Fatigue & Damage Tolerance and other appropriate Airbus departments to come up with optimum design solutions for the airline customer and to define maintenance programs.
* Liaise with Principal and Senior Stress Engineers in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data and procedures reflect on-going developments.
* Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through process, methods and tools improvements ensuring alignment with respective European focal points.
* Ensure with its technical signature delegation, that final repair is brings the aircraft back into an airworthy condition.
* Ensure all tasks and activities required for Repair Engineering are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
* With good customer skills, provide responses for routine repairs queries, giving advice and guidance as required within Airbus Operations and Customer Services on repair matters.
* Together with the Repair Design Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction is maintained.
* Required skills and expertise:
* Background in design and sizing of Aircraft primary structure components and parts.
* Stress analysis of aircraft structures using a range of hand and computer methods (static and/or Fatigue).
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, set objectives and prioritize to time, cost and quality.
* Ability to liaise/negotiate with Design/Production, Customer Services and risk sharing partners.
* Technically competent with the Design principles used to the compliance data.
* A Team player demonstrating a positive & collaborative attitude.
* Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptable.
* Experience of performing Aircraft repair solutions.
* Working knowledge of all Airbus Structures.
* Knowledge of Airbus stress/fatigue manuals and tools.
* Knowledge of the application of FE analysis on Airbus products.
* Experience in approval procedures (EASA Part 21/CS/JAR/FAR).
* Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Send us your latest CV via the link below.